“Used syringes & semen on sheets!! Class operation!!”

Hometown Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Schererville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2010

my family had to stay here for a week in october and my wife was harassed by the housekeeper daily to the point of tears. a used syringe found under the mattress and dried semen on the blankets greeted us. it got worse from there across the hall a crack smoking drug addict offerred me drugs, i brought the blanket to the owner Ami at the reception desk she informed me shed replace it in 5 minutes when she was done eating she never did. when my wife informed her of the dirty needle found in the room the owner said that was not a problem but us needing our sheets changed twice was a problem...WHAT!!! THE HOUSEKEEPER SAID THEY WASH THE BLANKETS ONCE A month THE SHEETS R CHANGED TWICE A WEEK THE ONLY "CLEANING" THAT GETS DONE IS A 1950S MODEL VACUUMM IS HALF HEARTEDLY USED TO KIND OF VACUUMM NO CLEANING OF BATHROOM OR ANYTHING! and the housekeeper let the other tenants into our room when we were away they told us so we filed a police report and we called the heath department and they are opening up a claim oh yea mice too!!! as pitiful and dirty as this place is the people who run it and work there are even worse the rudest most ignorant people i have ever crossed paths with i will not rest until this place is closed down DO NOT STAY HERE DO NOT LET ANYONE YOU KNOW STAY HERE WORST PEOPLE WORST SERVICE WORST ACCOMODATIONS EVERRRR!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank deakin67
Kal D, Front Office Manager at Hometown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

We truly apologize for this inconvience. We have a whole new housekeeping dept that are fully trained. We upkeep our hotel to high standards. We want you back to try us out again and token of apology give 30% off of your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Hometown Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I first came in the hotel to ask for a long therm accomodation, and I got an offer for a weeckly rate of 320 $ so I came back and I book a room they ask me for a credit card and a prepayment cash for the all week, of course I refuse and I sayd I will pay for the next 2 days ( why should I pay in advance when they have my credit card? ) after 2 days they knock at my door at 8:30 in the morning even if I had a sign no disturb on the door.I ask them not to clean the room and they went next room making a lot of noise so it was difficoult to sleep again.After 2 hours they call me from reception and they told me that rate for today will be 89$ cause its friday!!! I complaine but didnt help they came to my door to collect the money but I didnt get any received yet. They are very unfriendly attitude, and its noisy, I recommand to find a different hotel in this area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

We apologize for any confusion on our rates. Our policy is all money has to be paid upfront. On weekly rates is good for 7 nights including Friday and Saturday, but if you pay daily then weekend rate applies as demand is more. Again very sorry for any inconvience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Best Western Crossroads Inn
Holiday Inn Express Schereville North
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30

Been to Hometown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!