“ENJOYED by all at the Castle”

Santa's Candy Castle
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“ENJOYED by all at the Castle”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place was amazing!
Prices started at $1.
AMAZING frozen hot chocolate at a really good price! Bought one to share with my husband and had to get another one because he didn't want to share after just one taste...
Easy to find and great items inside. There is this circle room in the middle with child friendly computers so they can write a letter to Santa (I'm not entirely sure how this works because we didn't have any kids on this trip).
They had a lot of books and knick-knacks on clearance, too.
Highly recommend a visit!

1 Thank Sabrina C

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Candy Castle.....was expecting a castle full of different types of candy..NOT......if you like Pez candy and flavored popcorn, this would be your place..other than that, stop by a gas station and get more of a candy selection. The staff was very unfriendly, we went twice for the Frozen Hot chocolate and fudge..those did live up to their reputation, other than that, not really worth the 5 minute drive!

1 Thank MBurnsday
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique and tasty”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I seriously have dreams where I order (and devour) frozen hot chocolates from the Candy Castle. I've always been impressed with the service I've received, and I enjoy the unique blend of staff personalities. They know their stuff! I always enjoy myself when I go and leave a little happier than I was when I came in. I took a youth group with me to visit the Castle when we were in town to go to Holiday World, and they had a blast. We will definitely be going back!

1 Thank Michelle W
Dayton, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Small but neat quick stop”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Smaller than we expected but there were a few neat things to see. We got the "Famous Frozen Hot Chocolate" it was very good. Won't take long to visit here. Lots of Christmas books for kids. Popcorn and sweets.

Burlington, Iowa
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Sadly let down”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had plans to go to Holiday World (AMAZING) and I was so excited when I saw this place online by it- Well, first off, there are no signs for it- we had to stop at the gas station to find it. We pulled up and were highly disappointed. The outside looks nothing really like you would expect...its so much smaller- not a castle at all, maybe a cabin.

We walked in and were saddened that it was so small. They have a wall of Pez Dispensers then some gift shop items and that is about it- VERY small- very few elf size tables if you want to sit-

We tried the frozen hot chocolate that everyone raves about- I don't know...to me, it just tasted like a chocolate shake.

Don't expect to be greeted or have polite service- the teenage girl was def. lacking any type of Holiday spirit- all she did was talk to the teenagers in front of us (who worked at Holiday World) about her plans that evening, etc-

You can def. skip this place....it has potential, but it is not being used.....

2 Thank vanillac2u