All reviews golf cart water slides lake rudolph paddle boats christmas cabin halloween weekends holiday world family cabin ice cream bath house fire ring free shuttle front gate pizza bring your own activity center gas grill
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2019

We stay at Lake Rudolph every year for at least a week as we visit Holiday world. Every year the experience gets better and better. We are scheduled to visit for a week in June. An issue came up with our reservation. Mcayla with reservations went above and beyond to assist us. If you have never stayed at this location you are missing out. Look forward to seeing you all this summer.

Room tip: Book soon! reservations go fast
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
LC-SunRVResorts, SunRV Sunshine Team at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Hi Ben W,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us! We're delighted to hear that we're making each camping experience enjoyable for you. Just goes to show that our growth, hearing our guests, and having an amazing team has contributed a great deal to making our community a wonderful asset to this area. We'll look forward to seeing you all this summer! Thank you for choosing Lake Rudolph as your destination Campground. Take care :)

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

The campground was fantastic! Great family friendly vacation. So much to do for the kids, clean and friendly staff! Location is right next to Holiday World and has shuttles that go back and forth all day. Perfect to come back to campsite for lunch, swimming or to rest. We enjoyed our stay!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
LC-SunRVResorts, SunRV Sunshine Team at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Hello Patricia K,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us! We're happy to hear that you all enjoyed your time. We look forward to seeing you all again this season! Thank you for choosing Lake Rudolph as your destination Campground! Take care :)

Reviewed December 23, 2018

My family stayed at Lake Rudolph so that we could go to Holiday World for Halloween. We stayed there Friday, October 19 through Sunday, October 21, 2018. My wife Adriene, our twin boys Weston and Wyatt, along with my parents stayed in one of their family cabins (Cabin #205).

We found the place to be very clean and comfy as we unloaded the van and put everything away. I feel that there could be several things added that would not cost much but would make the space more functional but there is always an added cost to that and the basic maintenance for when people break said things.

My parents let Adriene and I have the room with the Queen bed, while my mom tried to share the room with the loft bed and dad took the couch, as a bed on Friday night. Our room was small but cozy and the bed was for the most part comfortable for two people who are very picky about the type of beds they sleep in. The main bedroom had a ceiling fan, along with the living room which was very nice.

My mom could not sleep on what was essentially plywood, with a little film of plastic and padding with a cover sheet over the mattress with the boys so it was a tough night for her. The boys seem to sleep just fine, or just like they normally do at home. If I had known this I would have brought this twin size compact air up mattress that I have used when camping that when aired up is about 2 inches thick, now it would only be a little bit better but would have helped a near 60 year old grandma sleep with her grandsons.

Dad slept fairly well expect for mom being up most of the night and making him move over to make room for her early in the morning.

On Saturday night my parents pulled out the bed from the couch which was not great but was pretty good in comparison, but was simply a little tricky with that it wanted to fold up on them at the beginning so was a little tricky on how you were going to sleep on it.

Since we went in the fall and it was raining and cold while we were there, we were not planning on behind outside, so the suggestions about bringing lawn chairs, charcoal and related for being outside did not apply to us. But we seen others using the grounds and enjoying it.

It had a wonderful screened in porch, it would have been nice if there was some kind of padding on the screen door for when it closes and is loud unless you close it on your own. Simple fix, but something that was only a minor nuisance for the couple of days we would be there.

The full refrigerator was very handy, we brought food and drinks, way more than we needed but that is fine, we just brought it back home. We didn't use the oven/stove or the microwave because we ate out both Friday night and Saturday with being at Holiday World.

We did enjoy the use of the TVs both in the living room and the one in the bedroom since my wife likes to listen to something when she goes to sleep. Now I will say that the walls are very thin, we could hear the boys talking to grandma when they were suppose to be sleeping, so we had to keep the volume very low but that is ok.
The TV's were Samsung and they had cable tv or a form of it, which was nice even though I did bring my iPad and laptop that I generally hook up to the TV's and play my movies through. Now it could have been my HDMI cable or it could be the format but I couldn't get the audio to play through the TV, so I ended up using my laptop and the volume output is pretty good.

The small table for two or thee to eat at is fairly small and has two fold down ends that are not 100% sturdy but are good enough for everything you may need them for. My laptop and arms laying on them seemed like I may break it so I changed things around for my use.

I think I was the only one that took a shower both mornings and I found the water pressure to be pretty good for it being a cabin with a lot of cabins and water hookups in the resort. The bathroom was small but functional, the ceiling vent sounded like it may not be as optimal as a new one, but did work. It had one towel rack and could have used a couple more, a couple of hooks for clothes or otherwise. It could probably use a shelf or two behind the toilet for putting extra toilet paper or towels that way they are out of the way and utilizing the minimal available space.

The week before our trip, I was researching what kind of WiFi service may be available, what kind of cellular service they had, along with Holiday World so that I could plan for anything that may come up. Well I have AT&T service and it showed that in that area I would have great LTE service. But I can tell you that the service at Lake Rudolph was horrible, now I would say that it may have just been a congested network of cell phones and not actually terrible. But with the trees, and many many things going on, it may also play a part. The Wifi was functional, and it did say in the page print out that the WiFi was for checking your email or basic usage and not for gaming or downloading. I find that statement to be accurate, I was actually able to play a game on my iPad but it was spotty but downloading emails, was not that great honestly. I actually think Holiday World and its wifi and cell coverage was worse but it may be plagued by the same issues.

When we got back to our cabin on Saturday night after a day at Holiday World and eating dinner out to find that our cabin did not have power. But to be fair, all of the cabins and RV's didn't have it either, from what we found is that there was a transformer blew or was knocked down from the very strong winds that were in the area. Which everyone that gave me crap for having like 6 flashlights and 5 battery packs because I over pack, were happy that I do. We were told that it had already been out for about 2 hrs when we got there and they were aware of it and working on fixing it. It took about an hour or an hour and half before it came back on which is really good, I had lights and the ability to charge phones and power the boys sound machine but I did not bring a means of warming a cabin or a room up on batteries.

For our trip, we brought most of the things that we thought would need and the list that is posted on their website does come in handy. Some of the things that we brought or I wish we brought are listed below:
• Towels for showers or baths
• Floor matt or related for the bath or shower.
• Trash Bags, size doesn't mater because the trash can in the cabin is very small so don't go off of it.
• Food and Drinks, there is cabinet space, freezer and refrigerator to use.
• Blankets, Pillows and related bedding, they provide the basic layer only.

We enjoyed our stay and do plan on going back maybe next year for the same type of trip or may go in the summer and use the water park as well. Maybe this next time I won't have issues getting around easier since I didn't ask for a ranger to take us to our cabin the first time. We ended up stopping at the Campground Store and picked up a few things which they had a good amount of stuff actually and from there I got my bearings on where I needed to go.

We also were there while they hosted their Halloween events which they had great decorations along with all of the visitors staying in cabins or camping out or even in the campers all setup decorations for the trick or treating that was going on for the kids. If it was not for the rain we would have totally love to take advantage of this but we didn't want the boys to get sick again since they had previously just got over it.

Room tip: Bring Towels, Floor Matt for Showers, Trash Bags, Food & Drinks, Toilet Paper
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Halloween weekends are second to none....lots of activities and a ton of fun. But very expensive and must book one year in advance. Spring for the golf cart too...almost a necessity. And another added expense. WiFi pretty good. Sites are nice. This is the only campground my teenagers don’t complain about going to visit! But, due to the expense it is once a year at best. Lake Lincoln is really beautiful and lots cheaper and only five minutes down the road, but not near the amenities of Lake Rudolph. Santa Claus is a friendly and quaint town!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2018

The camper we rented was starting to show its age but was still in good condition. The staff at campground were all very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. We did rent a golf cart and it was in perfect condition.(a must have if you don't bring your bikes). This campground is a bit on the pricey side but they do an amazing job keeping everything up to date. I am sure the kids will be talking about the weekend for years to come.

Room tip: Know what you want. Campers are very nice but they are still campers. If you want more of a hotel get a cabin