All reviews golf cart water slides lake rudolph paddle boats christmas cabin halloween weekends holiday world family cabin ice cream bath house fire ring free shuttle front gate pizza bring your own activity center gas grill
Selected filters
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Halloween weekends are second to none....lots of activities and a ton of fun. But very expensive and must book one year in advance. Spring for the golf cart too...almost a necessity. And another added expense. WiFi pretty good. Sites are nice. This is the only campground my teenagers don’t complain about going to visit! But, due to the expense it is once a year at best. Lake Lincoln is really beautiful and lots cheaper and only five minutes down the road, but not near the amenities of Lake Rudolph. Santa Claus is a friendly and quaint town!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2018

The camper we rented was starting to show its age but was still in good condition. The staff at campground were all very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. We did rent a golf cart and it was in perfect condition.(a must have if you don't bring your bikes). This campground is a bit on the pricey side but they do an amazing job keeping everything up to date. I am sure the kids will be talking about the weekend for years to come.

Room tip: Know what you want. Campers are very nice but they are still campers. If you want more of a hotel get a cabin
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We had a cabin for our Family Reunion at Lake Rudolph allowing us to gather in one spot for games, food, and bon fires. It was awesome. It had a great deck with space to hangout and play games. The inside was small but it met our need. If I had a family staying I am not sure I could manage because the loft for the kids could cause some claustrophobia. There was a bus route that would take you to the amusement park which was convenient. As there isn't a lot of space for cars at the cabin so we had to take trips dropping people off and leaving cars at front entrance. We were there when it was a golf cart parade so everyone had it decorated and it was cool to feel apart of a community where everyone waved when you went past them.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank CDarrett
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Where do I begin? I will start off by saying my mom took me to Lake Rudolph twice as a kid and it is one of my fondest memories. This past week my husband and I took a little get away with my parents to Lake Rudolph Campground. I will give them a 2 star rating for the simple fact of price because we did the stay in August and save promotional discount. You basically get your stay for half the price. Which was really nice. Other than that I don’t have a lot of great things to say. It is no where near the same fun, simple and very clean campground that I remember. When we got there it was like a ghost town which I understand it’s off season but as long as the place is open there should always be workers readily available to run the place, period. I had to get out of my car after waiting several minutes to get someone’s attention even though the sign says not to get out of your car. The lady acted very confused and did not act welcoming or give us any information. She also did not offer us to rent a golf cart. When we got to the RV I could immediately tell the place hadn’t been truly cleaned. There was food under the stove but still visible, the floor was filthy and you could especially tell in the corners. We rented the “Super King RV” and boy was it not Super anything! SO incredibly small! They claim to be able to fit 9 people and that RV isn’t even big enough for 2 people! I’ve never stayed in such tight quarters and I’ve stayed in Campers/RVs before. There were two bathrooms and the “full” bathroom toilet was in such a small area we couldn’t even sit down on it because we were too big to fit. What is the point in having a bathroom that even a skinny person is too big to use?! Then the bedrooms, don’t even get me started. The “queen bed” was about as far off the ground as my blow up air mattress. We had to take the little pads off the 4 twin bunks to beef up our bed just so that it was high enough it get in and out of! There is no reason for it to be that abnormally low to the ground. Plus there is no standing room in that bedroom. Not even a little! We couldn’t stand in there we had to crawl in and out of bed. If you have even the slightest amount of claustrophobia or are just a little fatter than normal, don’t even think about staying here. The “table” was broken or something because it was so incredibly wobbly and it made a loud popping sound anytime someone leaned on it. The couch is soo dated like couches aren’t that expensive just buy new ones already??!! Not to mention it sits so low to the ground as well and my dad has a hard time getting up and down so he had virtually no where to sit the entire time which made our stay very uncomfortable. I was also too “big” to sit at the kitchen table so I had trouble finding a place to sit. Plus I didn’t want to hear the constant popping noise. The sorry excuse for the “mattresses” to the beds were horrible. I mean absolutely horrible. The memory foam mattress they sell at Walmart now would be a cheap upgrade??! The refrigerator and freezer both stunk so bad like spoiled Chinese food. There were hardly any cooking utensils to be honest everything was gross or extremely dated looking. I didn’t want to use any of it. Everything felt or looked dirty. I will say for an RV neither shower was as bad as I would of expected but not great either. The shower curtain in the stand up shower was black along the bottom. The outside of the RV was very dirty and not inviting looking. I would recommend power washing the RVs before guests arrive. We also rented a golf cart the second day we were there and there was only 4 of us so we got a 4 person one. Well it felt so rickety like it was going to break down or the tires weren’t aired up all the way or something. Maybe the 4 of us combined were just over the weight limit. So we ended up trading it in for a 6 person which was a little better but honestly the golf carts could use serious upgrades. They are worn down and falling apart. The tires were low on air and bald. The seats were black with markings of some kind, it barely crawled up hills. We were so disappointed when we realized all the amenities were completely closed down. We realized that it might be somewhat that way due to our stay not being in season but I mean you could get one or two people to either run the kitchen or open the pool? Don’t tell me you can’t afford it when you overcharge like crazy for the rentals during the in season. It’s highway robbery. I mean there was nothing for us to do while we were there. I was looking forward to the ice cream and was so upset when I realized it was closed down. Driving around on the golf cart looking at the different rentals we quickly realized things have gone downhill. The grounds/units need keeping and there clearly just isn’t the staff there for it. Teenagers don’t know how to properly clean things nor do they care. Hire adults who have the proper training on how to clean. Start updating your rentals and I would strongly rethink your bedding arrangements in the RV’s if not do away with them all together. The whole loft idea with mattresses on the floor in the cabins, tell me how that is a good idea?? You have plenty of land there build some bigger real cabins that have real bedrooms and real bathrooms. Not this crap that isn’t even big enough for a kid let alone an adult. Upgrades, upgrades upgrades and cleanliness. Professionalism in staff needs a lot of work. They need to be properly trained and rules need to be enforced with the workers. On a side note, do not go to the brick oven pizza restaurant across the way from the campground, we had about the worst experience I’ve ever had in restaurant there and I do not recommend it. Overall I’m just super disappointed in lake Rudolph. You can do better and be better. I’m sorry to complain so much but other people need to keep themselves from getting so disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LC-SunRVResorts, SunRV Sunshine Team at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Hi Taryn T,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. Our goal is to provide a pleasant camping experience for all of our guests. In doing so, we would like to provide you with a followup conversation. Should this be of interest to you, please reply to the message in your inbox with your contact information. We appreciate you for visiting us. Thank you for your time. Take care.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a Thursday and left on Sunday. It did seem a bit pricey for a cabin but we decided to give it a try as it was right next to Holiday World.

The Good... golf carts, golf cart parade, free mini golf, pool, water slides ($5 but I really think they should have been free), staff was very friendly, a bunch of activities for the kids to do through the day, kitchen had good size fridge, range, microwave, etc.

The bad.... our cabin’s screened in porch was super dirty and had broken glass on it, there wasn’t enough hot water for more than one shower, our light bulbs kept going off and on, cabin slept at least 6 but there was only one towel bar (I mean come on, toss a few hooks up so towels can dry) have to bring own top sheets and towels, beds weren’t comfortable, WiFi was terrible as it having ATT in the area.

Overall we had a good time and didn’t spend that much time in our cottage. We had an issue with the golf cart plug and they came right out to fix it. It was hard to get anyone to answer the phone Sunday morning and we had questions about checkout. We could not find info on our paperwork though it turns out you just put your keys in a drop box. That would have been good to know as first time guests.

Our son had a blast and cried when we left. It is a good spot for a family trip.

Date of stay: August 2018