All reviews golf cart camp store water slides lake rudolph paddle boats holiday world family cabin ice cream bath house free shuttle camping experience front gate pizza fire ring bunk beds bring your own activity center
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Where do I begin? I will start off by saying my mom took me to Lake Rudolph twice as a kid and it is one of my fondest memories. This past week my husband and I took a little get away with my parents to Lake Rudolph Campground. I will give them a 2 star rating for the simple fact of price because we did the stay in August and save promotional discount. You basically get your stay for half the price. Which was really nice. Other than that I don’t have a lot of great things to say. It is no where near the same fun, simple and very clean campground that I remember. When we got there it was like a ghost town which I understand it’s off season but as long as the place is open there should always be workers readily available to run the place, period. I had to get out of my car after waiting several minutes to get someone’s attention even though the sign says not to get out of your car. The lady acted very confused and did not act welcoming or give us any information. She also did not offer us to rent a golf cart. When we got to the RV I could immediately tell the place hadn’t been truly cleaned. There was food under the stove but still visible, the floor was filthy and you could especially tell in the corners. We rented the “Super King RV” and boy was it not Super anything! SO incredibly small! They claim to be able to fit 9 people and that RV isn’t even big enough for 2 people! I’ve never stayed in such tight quarters and I’ve stayed in Campers/RVs before. There were two bathrooms and the “full” bathroom toilet was in such a small area we couldn’t even sit down on it because we were too big to fit. What is the point in having a bathroom that even a skinny person is too big to use?! Then the bedrooms, don’t even get me started. The “queen bed” was about as far off the ground as my blow up air mattress. We had to take the little pads off the 4 twin bunks to beef up our bed just so that it was high enough it get in and out of! There is no reason for it to be that abnormally low to the ground. Plus there is no standing room in that bedroom. Not even a little! We couldn’t stand in there we had to crawl in and out of bed. If you have even the slightest amount of claustrophobia or are just a little fatter than normal, don’t even think about staying here. The “table” was broken or something because it was so incredibly wobbly and it made a loud popping sound anytime someone leaned on it. The couch is soo dated like couches aren’t that expensive just buy new ones already??!! Not to mention it sits so low to the ground as well and my dad has a hard time getting up and down so he had virtually no where to sit the entire time which made our stay very uncomfortable. I was also too “big” to sit at the kitchen table so I had trouble finding a place to sit. Plus I didn’t want to hear the constant popping noise. The sorry excuse for the “mattresses” to the beds were horrible. I mean absolutely horrible. The memory foam mattress they sell at Walmart now would be a cheap upgrade??! The refrigerator and freezer both stunk so bad like spoiled Chinese food. There were hardly any cooking utensils to be honest everything was gross or extremely dated looking. I didn’t want to use any of it. Everything felt or looked dirty. I will say for an RV neither shower was as bad as I would of expected but not great either. The shower curtain in the stand up shower was black along the bottom. The outside of the RV was very dirty and not inviting looking. I would recommend power washing the RVs before guests arrive. We also rented a golf cart the second day we were there and there was only 4 of us so we got a 4 person one. Well it felt so rickety like it was going to break down or the tires weren’t aired up all the way or something. Maybe the 4 of us combined were just over the weight limit. So we ended up trading it in for a 6 person which was a little better but honestly the golf carts could use serious upgrades. They are worn down and falling apart. The tires were low on air and bald. The seats were black with markings of some kind, it barely crawled up hills. We were so disappointed when we realized all the amenities were completely closed down. We realized that it might be somewhat that way due to our stay not being in season but I mean you could get one or two people to either run the kitchen or open the pool? Don’t tell me you can’t afford it when you overcharge like crazy for the rentals during the in season. It’s highway robbery. I mean there was nothing for us to do while we were there. I was looking forward to the ice cream and was so upset when I realized it was closed down. Driving around on the golf cart looking at the different rentals we quickly realized things have gone downhill. The grounds/units need keeping and there clearly just isn’t the staff there for it. Teenagers don’t know how to properly clean things nor do they care. Hire adults who have the proper training on how to clean. Start updating your rentals and I would strongly rethink your bedding arrangements in the RV’s if not do away with them all together. The whole loft idea with mattresses on the floor in the cabins, tell me how that is a good idea?? You have plenty of land there build some bigger real cabins that have real bedrooms and real bathrooms. Not this crap that isn’t even big enough for a kid let alone an adult. Upgrades, upgrades upgrades and cleanliness. Professionalism in staff needs a lot of work. They need to be properly trained and rules need to be enforced with the workers. On a side note, do not go to the brick oven pizza restaurant across the way from the campground, we had about the worst experience I’ve ever had in restaurant there and I do not recommend it. Overall I’m just super disappointed in lake Rudolph. You can do better and be better. I’m sorry to complain so much but other people need to keep themselves from getting so disappointed.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
LC-SunRVResorts, SunRV Sunshine Team at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Hi Taryn T,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. Our goal is to provide a pleasant camping experience for all of our guests. In doing so, we would like to provide you with a followup conversation. Should this be of interest to you, please reply to the message in your inbox with your contact information. We appreciate you for visiting us. Thank you for your time. Take care.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a Thursday and left on Sunday. It did seem a bit pricey for a cabin but we decided to give it a try as it was right next to Holiday World.

The Good... golf carts, golf cart parade, free mini golf, pool, water slides ($5 but I really think they should have been free), staff was very friendly, a bunch of activities for the kids to do through the day, kitchen had good size fridge, range, microwave, etc.

The bad.... our cabin’s screened in porch was super dirty and had broken glass on it, there wasn’t enough hot water for more than one shower, our light bulbs kept going off and on, cabin slept at least 6 but there was only one towel bar (I mean come on, toss a few hooks up so towels can dry) have to bring own top sheets and towels, beds weren’t comfortable, WiFi was terrible as it having ATT in the area.

Overall we had a good time and didn’t spend that much time in our cottage. We had an issue with the golf cart plug and they came right out to fix it. It was hard to get anyone to answer the phone Sunday morning and we had questions about checkout. We could not find info on our paperwork though it turns out you just put your keys in a drop box. That would have been good to know as first time guests.

Our son had a blast and cried when we left. It is a good spot for a family trip.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We were very excited to visit. Check in was super easy and we found our spot with no problems following the map. The activities and things for our 6 year old to do were great. We all really enjoyed the putt putt golf. Prices for everything was very reasonable. The golf carts get a little crazy but renting one is a must. We know now that the next time we will be decorating the cart and joining in the parade. The free shuttle to Holiday World was great. We had a great time and are looking forward to returning.

1  Thank James M
LC-SunRVResorts, SunRV Sunshine Team at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Hi James M,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed vacationing with us! It's delightful to know that your 6 year old had the chance to partake in our activities. We'll look forward to having you visit us again soon! Can't wait to see your golf cart next time around once you all have decorated it! Thank you for choosing Lake Rudolph as your destination Campground!

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We stayed in a Cottage, and we loved it! Very very clean, great amount of space and all the ameneties we could ask for (but for an oven mitt... no oven mitts?). We enjoyed the fire, rented a golf cart (you have to rent a golf cart, its so fun to drive around and see the super decorated golf carts!) and had a ball.

We didn't use the shuttle to HOliday World for the mornings because the shuttle gets there only minutes before rope drop. The crowd starts lining up at the front gate of the amusement park one hour before opening, so its better to drive yourself, take advantage of the free parking and get there before the crowds. We did go back for a lunch break, and used the shuttle for the afternoons. It was great and frequent. We parked the golf cart by the shuttle stops. Going home at night we missed all of the traffic in the parking lot, which was really fun.

Really fun, wholesome vibe at this campground. I would totally return!

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage near to the shuttle stop
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I had high hopes for Lake Rudolph based on positive feedback from friends. Campsite: I reserved a deluxe campsite for our travel trailer thinking it would have plenty of room for our 29 foot TT and still be room enough for the 4 of us. We were assigned campsite 1D. Originally, where the fire ring was placed was less than 3 feet from the slideout of the camper at 3D. Where we had to park our truck to be out of the way of traffic, was backed in to side of camper and the bumper was almost touching awning supports. We moved the fire ring to other side of our camper, which worked but not convenient. In my opinion , campsite 1D and 3D should have been 1 campsite. Looking around other sites looked larger - I think we just got a bad site.
Golf Carts: the resort is huge so I get reserving a golf cart to get to the many amenities the park offers. The glow in dark golf cart parade is fun and people go all out with decorations. But the constant circling of carts for almost 2 hours after the parade, was a little excessive, almost saw a couple crashes. Wish there more limitations on driving carts.
Traffic: Campsite 1D was on the corner of a main road, the traffic of vehicles and carts was insane. Way less than half of the vehicles actually followed the 12 mph, not sure how the park can enforce this, people just need to use common sense in a campground. Considering there are kids all over the place!! My kids love to ride bikes in campgrounds and at 10 and 12 - even they felt unsafe riding due to the speed and amount of traffic passing our site. We did visit a Saturday-Sunday in August so I get that it is busy season, but it was insane.
Holiday World Shuttle: Super convenient and perk. Due to this I will give the resort another shot and hope we get a better campsite and try to visit during the week
Our main goal was holiday world, so we didn't take advantage of the many amenities offered. The pool looked nice but was so crowded we didn't swim. The putt putt and lake activities also looked fun but we ran out of time to enjoy.