“Wonderful first time experience!”

Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed there for our yearly visit to Holiday world. Our granddaughter always wanted to stay in a camper so we rented the standard RV. The RV was very nice and clean, the bathroom had hot water with good water pressure. The kitchen was supplied with dishes and utensils, but if you are planning to grill out, make sure you take your aluminum spatula, the ones provided are plastic. The RV had a full size bed in a room and in another room it had 2 bunk beds. The top bunks had just a pad for a mattress, this will make it good for children, but will not recommend for adults. The full size bed not very comfortable either, but we were expecting it, so we took a mattress pad. Overall the RV was good for our needs. The campgrounds are big, they have a nice big pool, a store and a place where you could get ice cream, donuts or pizza. There is a grocery store very close to the campground so you could go there to get anything you might be missing. We rented a golf cart since we saw that they had a golf cart parade and decorated. Being our first time, we were not as decked out as other golf carts, but the parade was a blast. People really get their creativity hats on and decorated their carts to the max. I felt that you do not need to rent a golf cart if you don’t want to, but it’s more fun, especially with children. The employees are super friendly and it’s a great family environment. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and we will make this a yearly tradition.

Room Tip: Prancer area is close to the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank summerfun57
LakeRudolph, Social Media Coordinator at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thanks for reviewing your stay with us. We're glad you had a nice time!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This is now my favorite family campground. The campground is clean and well organized. They have activities at low and some at no cost for everyone. Camp store prices are very reasonable. Reservation made for 2015 already. Golf carts are available for rent at a reasonable daily rate. My favorite part is the Glow Golf Cart Parade held every other evening. Take lots of decorations and glow in the dark items to decorate your golf cart should you rent one. Decor items are hard to come by as shopping is limited in the area. We also bought a few bags of candy to toss to kids. Those with dogs, be sure to take plenty of doggy pick up bags to pick up after your dog. There's none to be had anywhere. We had to use sandwich bags after a failed search to other near by towns.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Full-Time R

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We're thrilled to hear that we are your favorite family campground. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice campground and our family always enjoys going there. It is a bit pricey. BEWARE: They have some new water slides at the campground pool, but charge you to use EACH day. This should be included in your stay - no extra fees!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KCHOJ

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We're glad that your family enjoys your stays with us. I have passed your comments regarding pricing of the waterpark, as well as overall pricing, onto management staff.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Our family loves Lake Rudolph, we have been here 3x now. The pool is wonderful and our kids love the water slides. I only wish the water slides were included in the price of the stay. Renting a golf cart is a must. Rangers had no problem telling us what not to do on the golf carts but we saw many people under 16 driving the carts. That did upset us. Pull through RV sites would be nice because we always camp with other family.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sross0923

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Lake Rudolph. Underage golf car drivers are an issue that our Ranger team members are constantly working on. We are very concerned about guest safety in the campground and take our safety regulations seriously.

We are glad that you're a frequent visitor and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed over the July Fourth Weekend. The maintenance staff was outstanding helping us with trailer issues. We stayed in the older section by the camp store. The site was nice, but you could hear a howl from the roller coaster during Holiday World hours. The sight was on a hill, which made it tough to find a level spot for the picnic table. I would suggest having some description of the sites such as level, hilly but level drive, etc... so campers
could better select from their needs. The closest bathhouse was old, but clean. There was no hot water, seat, or water pressure so we ended up going to the new bathhouse by the pool. This was not a problem because we had a golf cart, which is a must due to the size of the campground. I wanted to be in the golf cart parade, but it was scheduled for the same timeframe as the Holiday World fireworks :-(. I would recommend major events at Holiday World and the campground would not be at the same time. The campground was busy - sold out. I would not recommend allowing kids on bikes and skateboards. The roads are slim with much traffic. There were lots of teenagers in the golf carts with poor driving skills. The best part is the free shuttle from Holiday World. It runs regularly, is clean and air conditioned. Overall, a good time. We plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Twoboysandtheirdog

Hello -

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us over the 4th of July. We're happy that you had a nice stay. We have made note of your comments regarding your site, congestion and traffic in the campground, and the activity schedule and they have been passed along to our management staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I originally made reservations for 3 nights in June, but due to unexpected events had to reschedule. I called and changed or dates to the first week in July - still for 3 nights in a Christmas Cabin. The day before we were to go I realized I didn't get a confirmation email for the change so I called just to confirm. They had only reserved 2 nights when I changed our dates. The girl told me that she didn't have anything open for that 3rd night. She also told me that I did receive a confirmation. When I told her I had checked all my email folders and it wasn't there, she told me that it was confirmed over the phone with me. I told her that it was but it was confirmed that we still had 3 nights, not 2. She would never admit that they made a mistake and basically made me feel like she was accusing me of lying. She finally told me that they have an "overflow" cabin they could put us in. She said it was just like the Christmas cabin except it didn't have TV's. I wasn't satisfied, but I took it because it was my only option.
We were very disappointed as soon as we entered the cabin. It was so small, much smaller than we expecting for the price. The shower was so small my husband could barely use it. Then I opened the cabinets. Mouse droppings everywhere! It was disgusting. I went to the office and complained. I was told they would send someone to clean it up. That was it, not even an apology. I'm not sure the cabin had actually been cleaned after the last time it was used even though there was a card saying that "Lexie and Kara" had cleaned it. We found various items that had been left by the previous guests. So while we were out someone did come clean up the mouse poop. But guess what we found the next morning... more mouse poop!!!! Not only were we totally grossed out to know we were living with rodents, we had to throw away any opened food we had bought. I went back to the office and complained. By this time we were leaving the next day. I finally got to speak to a manager and he refunded one night to us. So we still had to pay for 2 nights in a rodent infested cabin that want even what we reserved.
I want to add that we have rented cabins in Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge several times. They are in the middle of the mountains and we have never seen any evidence of mice. They are also 100 times nicer and we have paid about the same price for them.
That was our first and last trip to Lake Rudolph. And I will be spreading the word.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jennifer A
Kelly S, Public Relations Manager at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Jennifer A,

We’re sorry that your experience at Lake Rudolph did not meet your expectations. Please know that we take this feedback very seriously and will address reported signs of rodents. We will also discuss with our team members how to handle guest feedback of this nature going forward.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you may reconsider staying with us again in the future.

The Lake Rudolph Team

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just got back from 3 nights a lake Rudolph. This is my second trip and hopefully not our last. We had a blast. I don't understand these bad reviews about the rental units. What in the world do people expect in a campground? Obviously you are not used to camping. Our unit was very clean and it was level and huge, We did not rent a golf cart and had NO ISSUES driving our vehicle around the entire campground. You can drive right to the pool and water slides, which are very cool for something to do on your down time, it's only $4.95 for a wristband after 5pm. There's a parking lot right by the pool, so it don't make sense someone would say you cant get to it in a vehicle. Keep up the great work, we love it there.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank shellfest
LakeRudolph, Social Media Coordinator at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Lake Rudolph. We're glad you had fun.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Claus
#1 of 2 in Ferdinand
Motel 6 Dale IN
Motel 6 Dale IN
#1 of 5 in Dale

Been to Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort? Share your experiences!