Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort
$65
Priceline
$80
Hotels.com
All reviewsgolf cartcamp storewater slideslake rudolphpaddle boatscamp groundhalloween weekendsholiday worldtent campingfamily cabinice creamfire ringpizzabunk bedsbring your ownbath houseroller coaster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We've been to Holiday World before and always stayed in hotels nearby. This being our only trip this summer, we went for broke and rented a family cabin. My husband became sick on our first day at the park . We were able to go to our cabin to rest and leave our teens to ride all they wanted to and take the shuttle back later. We all used the shuttle the next day and never waited more than 5 minutes for it to come by. They even stopped at our door on the way back!
Love the family cabin-has more privacy than the R.V.s [ bigger lots] ,or the Christmas cabins.We didn't miss the T.V. or the big porch- our back porch with table and chairs and yard with picnic table, grill, and fire ring was more than adequate. The Golf Cart Parade was a hoot.
The camp store is limited ,but the prices are good. There's a supermarket practically at the entrance to the campground.
There were a few ants-well we have some of our own back home. I know there's a balance between poisoning ants and poisoning people that it can be hard to maintain. We didn't bother to report them until we were leaving. They seemed concerned, but we weren't there to see what they did about them. I'm sure they try to get rid of them. Everyone who works there is extremely nice
As far as the price goes, I guess it's not too high as all the cabins were full. The convenience of everyone being able to do what they want ,when they want , makes this a good deal. I was very glad not to be stuck either in a hotel room with whining teenagers or without a car while they returned to the park .
Bottom line , I wish we had stayed at Lake Rudolph on our previous trips. minna

Room Tip: Family cabins are good for families with teens, 4 mattresses in the loft.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The cabin had ants. Very overpriced for what it was. We complained about the ants and someone came with bug spray and told us to spray and them give the can back. We were given a refund for 1 night after we cut our stay short due to the ants.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank whirlwen

Hello -

Thank you for your review of Lake Rudolph. I apologize that your cabin had ants in it; that is unacceptable. I am also very sorry that our staff member simply brought the spray and did not handle this problem. I have passed your comments onto our management staff.

Again, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family has gone to Holiday World for years, and we've always stayed at hotels about an hour away from Santa Claus, between the park and our hometown. I've often been intrigued by the Lake Rudolph shuttle at the Holiday World gates. Like that was the special club. Full of cool kids who didn't have to trudge eight miles to their car in the parking lot.

Well, this year, we had a group of seven going--two married couples, an older lady, and two college-aged sisters. After reading some dismal reviews of area hotels, as well as hoping for a special experience, and granted my lifelong curiosity about Lake Rudolph, I looked into it. I immediately wanted a cabin. So badly. They're barely more than the rental RVs, and they look adorable, but they were totally booked.

So we decided to roll up our sleeves and try our hand at the Super King Size rental RV. It was so much fun! One couple took the king-size bedroom. The older lady took the couch (she could have easily enjoyed a bunk, but this allowed her some privacy, apart from late-night snackers in the kitchen). And the younger couple and the two college-aged girls took the other bedroom, which had a full size bed and four bunk beds. We did so much climbing around in this room. Easy entertainment! A fort-builder's paradise, even for twentysomethings.

The whole place was spotless. Space was a little limited in a normal, RV sort of way, but I found the close quarters oddly fun. The table was plenty big--it does, as advertised, seat six.

Fire pit and picnic table out front were great. Roasted some marshmallows, played some board games. Had no trouble getting wifi at our site. We stayed practically next door to Blitzen Bay, the pool area, but I never even had any trouble with noise.

And the convenient access to the free Holiday World shuttle stop cannot be underestimated! I had all these public transit horror stories built up in my head, fearing the shuttles would all be packed and we'd have to wait or something, but it was perfectly smooth sailing both ways, to and from the park.

A couple of us spent some time in the game room one evening and won two stuffed animals from the crane game! For all of its delicious hokiness, I love Santa Claus. It's like this happy alternate dimension in southern Indiana, where even the crane game, the longest-running scam of the arcade realm, doesn't rip you off.

Oh--and, as some other reviewers have mentioned, the Holiday Foods grocery across the street is very well-stocked and reasonable. And has an impressive supply of camping gear (firewood, s'more supplies), as does the camp store. You can save packing space by buying food, etc., when you get here.

If you have a group and are planning on paying for two $100 hotel rooms twenty miles down the road anyway--don't! Would definitely recommend even the king sized RV at Lake Rudolph. I can't wait to book ahead and try a cabin next time. I want a Christmas one! For all of the amenities--HW discount, free shuttle, plus kayaks and paddle boats and mini golf and all sorts of other things at little to no fee, you can do so much better with this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Edna M
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Very glad that you had a nice time. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are going to go to holiday world they have a great shuttle service and just a nice area for camping or staying in one of there rentals this was our 5th year there

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Lake Rudolph. No complaints. We rented an RV to try a camping experience with our kids.

The camper was very clean and our two kids loved the novelty. The golf cart rental was not essential because shuttle busses run continuously around the campground and to adjacent Holiday World and Splashing Safari. But, the golf car was a lot of fun and we will rent one again during future trips.

If you are renting an RV the kitchen is fairly well stocked, except our unit did not have a metal spatula or tongs to use on the grill or any paring or other sharp knives for chopping veggies or cutting meat. We were able to purchase those Items at a nearby Dollar General.

You will love Lake Rudolph!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank hojo1990
LakeRudolph, Public Relations Manager at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay! We're glad you had a nice trip.