“Beautiful campground--fun RV experience”

and 1 more site!
Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Lake Rudolph. No complaints. We rented an RV to try a camping experience with our kids.

The camper was very clean and our two kids loved the novelty. The golf cart rental was not essential because shuttle busses run continuously around the campground and to adjacent Holiday World and Splashing Safari. But, the golf car was a lot of fun and we will rent one again during future trips.

If you are renting an RV the kitchen is fairly well stocked, except our unit did not have a metal spatula or tongs to use on the grill or any paring or other sharp knives for chopping veggies or cutting meat. We were able to purchase those Items at a nearby Dollar General.

You will love Lake Rudolph!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank hojo1990
LakeRudolph, Public Relations Manager at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay! We're glad you had a nice trip.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We rented an RV for a long weekend. If you could look past the dirt and be happy you were at least not in a tent sleeping on the groud, you will be fine. However, the RV was not sparkling clean.

There is dust and dirt in the cornors. The matresses were gross. They were stained and yellowed and just plan dirty looking. I double sheeted mine and kept wondering if I was going to bring critters back to my house. I don't know how management can charge you $140/nt and look at these mattresses and not know they are disappointing people. I found a long blond wig in the cornor where my bunkbed met the wall. I looked under all the mattresses and found some bugs hanging out in a cornor or two. When my kids wore socks, they were brown on the bottom at the end of the day. It seems like the RVs are just swept, not mopped between visits. I did not sit on the couch, nor did I ever go without footwear.

That said, the campground was fine. It seemed to have a lot of families there and the park was kept clean. We did not every use the pool because we spent most of our time at Holiday World and Lincoln State Park. We walked down and got ice cream one night and that was fine. The shuttle driver that took us up to the camp store was nice. Our two experiences in the camp store were not great, they were not mean, just not nice or friendly. But we were only buying a few things so no big deal. The mini-golf course looked kind of pitiful so we did not end up playing.

So, this campground worked for what we needed it for, a place to sleep while we went and did Holiday World and Lincoln State park. I think it was rather pricey at $140/nt. That would mean it would need to be as better than a Hampton or Fairfield Inn and it fell far short of that.

The other thing that bothered me was that they will not let you in until your RV is ready. We got there two hours early and they said we could not come into the park. When we went to the Wisconsin Dells and stayed at the water resort, they give you a band so you can get in and enjoy all the amenities and then text you when you room is ready (oh, and the rooms at the water resort are cheaper than the RV here). No such luck here. I thought we would be allowed in to swim and do the other activites until our place was ready so I was shocked when they told me I would not be let in. But, oh, if I wanted too I could pay off my balance now so it was taken care of. So, that irked me too.

Also, quite hours were not enforced. We had a group of about 8 men staying next to us and they met some girls and they were up until at least 3 am one night. Thier campfire was right out the window of our RV (since they are all really close together). My mom and sister didn't get much sleep that night. It was our last night so they knew they would get some sleep at home that night, but I think they would have been really mad if we had stayed and it happened again. So, there is no one driving around enforcing quite time.

So, overall the camp is fine so if you have your own tent or Rv, by all means, give this place a try. If you want to rent an RV, just remember it is still camping and isn't going to be all that clean. I think I will try Lincoln State Park next time.

1  Thank CincinnatiCeleste
LakeRudolph, Public Relations Manager at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for reviewing us here at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.

I apologize that your stay with us was not what you were expecting. Your comments have been passed onto our housekeeping manager, general manager and owner. Would you please be able to email me at laura@lakerudolph.com to let me know which rental you stayed in? That would help our staff be able to take a closer look at it.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your trip.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We decided to take a week vacation in June to holiday world and camp. We have camped here multiple times in October and were always pleased more or less. We arrived on a Saturday around 7 pm..we have 3 little ones so we could not wait to get out of the truck! Lol! We looked and looked for our site and realized we couldn't find it because someone was already in it! We had to wait hours for the staff to find the people who parked their camper there. I had to tell the staff multiple times that I wanted to speak to a manager ASAP. Finally we were directed to an empty site to wait while the people moved. It was nearly 930 before we were able to pull our camper to our site. My kids were starving and tired..and it was HORRIBLE! We were told we would be "taken care of" for our troubles. The next day the manager came to our site and handed us $40...NOT impressed!! We paid a good amount of money to stay here..and had rented a golf for the week..and had to buy season passes for 5 people! NOT A CHEAP TRIP! The pool was run down..as was all the pool furniture. Most was cracked and broken. We will never spend our summer vacate here again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay with us at Lake Rudolph.

I am so sorry about the mix-up upon your arrival. I understand that you were extremely frustrated after your drive to arrive and have to deal with these issues. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have passed your comments onto our owner and management staff.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family and I stayed in a Christmas cabin for 2 nights. Overall our stay was very nice, but honestly, the cabin is not worth the price you pay per night. The mattresses are probably the worst we have ever experienced in any of our travels. The shower is useless if you are over 5 feet tall. They should really list the fact that the shower is no where near the size of any normal shower on their reservations page. It is smaller than the shower in most campers. I am 6' tall and literally could not use the shower. The ceiling is way to short for an adult to be at all comfortable. My Mom is 5'8" and had a hard time taking a shower in that bathroom. On the plus side, the cabin was clean and the site was very nice. The kids went swimming at the campground pool and had a great time. The gas grill and porch were a huge plus! Bottom line is, while we had a wonderful time, unless the prices would be drastically reduced, I would not recommend the Christmas cabins to any friends or family and I would not stay there again. These cabins are simply not worth the price... Especially when you have to bring all of your bedding and towels.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay with us at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.

We appreciate your comments about the price of our Rudolph's Christmas Cabin, as well as difficulties you experienced with the shower. I have passed them onto our management staff.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Do NOT rent an RV here. Our RV was old, smelled musty, the couch was crooked, we didn't dare sit on it....mattresses covered in stains, chunks of mattresses missing...ceiling air conditioner dumps water on the mattress! Scary, stinky, run-down dump. in BAD need of upgrading/renovating/etc. Won't be back.

Room Tip: Probably better off in a tent - at least you won't have to sleep in a musty old creepy run down...
3  Thank Indymom12345
LakeRudolph, Public Relations Manager at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

I am very sorry that you were not pleased with your stay. Your comments about the condition of your rental RV have been passed onto our general manager and housekeeping manager.

To help us with this issue, could you please let me know which rental unit you stayed in? That way our staff can correct these problems. Please email me at laura@lakerudolph.com. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed over Memorial weekend - one of their busiest of the year. We found the park to be very clean, the employees friendly and there was lots to do. The sites are a little close, but that's camping. They supply electric, water and dumping at each camp site. That was nice and convenient. We were in a pop-up, so it was nice to have water and electric right there. They rent golf carts so you can get around more easily, but certainly not necessary, as you can drive to the pool or the camp stores if you don't want to walk. The bathrooms were clean for the most part.

It's right next to Holiday World theme park and there is a shuttle that will take you to the front gate. Or you can walk if your campsite is on that side. There is a lake for fishing and peddle boats, ice cream and pizza, camp store with much of what you need, (there is a little grocery less than a mile away), there are activities for kids and adults, volleyball, large pool/baby pool, etc.

If you make reservations, be specific about what type of campsite you want. There are some that are not so level that we noticed. Or you can rent an RV or cabin but they are pricey. Campsites are $53 a nite....not cheap either.

We did have an issue with loud neighbors playing cornhole at 12:30AM. I called the front desk and Security actually answered - they took care of it minutes later. Believe it or not it happened two nights in a row. Also, in many parts of the campground, you can hear the roller coasters from Holiday World, from about 7:30AM to 8:30PM.

Room Tip: Ask about level campsite and noise from Holiday World.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The campground was very nice and clean. The employees were very friendly. My kids loved decorating the golf cart and participating the glow parade. The shuttle pickups for Holiday World was great. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Rockport
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Jasper
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper

Been to Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort? Share your experiences!