We returned from our 3 night stay from Lake Rudolph today. The ground staff at the resort were very friendly and helpful. They were visible, and for that reason we felt safe. The pool was clean and well maintained, and the play areas for kids were a big hit. We liked having the Shuttle service to Holiday World was super convenient, and runs frequently. However, there was some cons too....first, let me say we camp ALOT so we know what to expect in campgrounds.....the family cabin that we stayed in fell below my expectations...for several reasons. First, the was an ant infestation, yeah I know when you camp there are going to be bugs..but this was ridiculous. They were everywhere in the kitchen, and we ended up keeping our food in the sterilite containers we brought, outside. This defeated the purpose of upgrading to the cabin to have cabinet space. Secondly, the cabin could have been cleaner...there was alot of dust..clearly visible under the beds, mold around the shower doors etc. The cabins were so close to the road which would have been ok but that was where the fire ring was too...so if you have very young children..not only do you have to keep them away from the fire ( which you expect if you have a fire) but also from the road. We ended up having to stay in more than we liked because of the road and traffic. The most upsetting thing however was the explicit grafitti on the loft ceiling. I went upstairs to check it out it looked OK, but did not lay in bed and look at the ceiling until my five year old started giggling. I went up and was mortified at the pics previous guests had drawn there...it is called a FAMILY cabin. I taped paper over it--if the management could not remove it they could have at least blacked it out. We discovered this at night and did not feel like moving again with 3 little kids so we covered it up as best we could. Sooooo please if you have children and our booking a cabin you may want to specifically request a clean ceiling??!!?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the great outdoors by staying at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort in Santa Claus, Indiana. Voted one of the top ten favorite parks in North America and a two-time National RV Park of the Year, Lake Rudolph is the closest lodging and camping to Holiday World Theme Park & Splashin' Safari Water Park. Multiple family lodging options include over 270 Vacation Rentals (Cabins, Cottages & Rental RVs), and nearly 230 full hookup RV Sites and Tent Sites, including over 100 paved sites. Family fun amenities including Santa's SplashDown WaterPark, the giant Blitzen Bay swimming pool, playgrounds, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, fishing, paddleboats, kayaks, gem mining, mini golf, game room, camp store, Blitzen Kitchen Ice Cream & Pizza, family activities, and much more. Lake Rudolph is the perfect solution for your getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Rudolph Campground And Rv Resort
- Lake Rudolph Campground & Rv Hotel Santa Claus