“Good Store, But Not What Was Expected”

Santa Claus Christmas Store
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magic of Christmas year-round at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, located in Santa Claus, Indiana.The store offers a huge selection of Christmas gifts, indoor and outdoor lights, Christmas decorations, wreaths, tree trimmings, nativities, collectibles and more. Savor fudge and other tasty treats at Mrs. Claus' Sweet Treats!Visit with Santa during the Summer and Christmas seasons. Share the Love of Christmas!
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We saw several marketing brochures for Santa Claus Indiana, and were really surprised when we arrived there. We were expected a small town with small buildings/houses that had various Christmas attactions. What we ended up finding was part of a strip mall that had a Christmas store and a regular post office. What a bust. The Christmas store was nice, but overall this was really a disappointing trip - spent an hour getting there. When writing this review, I saw mention of a Museum, but I don't remember seeing such there. I know this is a rating for the store, but wanted to mention overall what we found. Also, extremely limited places to eat in the area. For those looking to spend some time there, there is the Holiday amusement park which looked decent, but that was not really what we planned to do that day. So a long trip and disappointing to find no "village" as expected. They did have a Santa Claus in the store who was very nice and realistic looking. That would be a highlight for kids.

LakeRudolph, Public Relations Manager at Santa Claus Christmas Store, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for reviewing the Santa Claus Christmas Store.

I'm sorry that the town of Santa Claus, Indiana, wasn't what you were expecting. We are a small town, but do have many excellent attractions. The Santa Claus Museum and Village recently re-located to another area so you may have had a little difficultly locating it. I apologize for that.

All reviews
"christmas decorations"
in 12 reviews
"fudge"
in 13 reviews
"great store"
in 6 reviews
"real meaning of christmas"
"christmas place"
"prices are reasonable"
"neat place"
"candy store"

Reviewed June 30, 2012

we stopped here (the town in general) to stretch our legs during a long road trip... we all left with a smile! so much to see, and I'm now determined to start a Christmas Village collection :) oh and Santa was there!! made me feel like I was 4 years old, he was a GREAT looking Santa!

1  Thank showhimtheworld
LakeRudolph, Public Relations Manager at Santa Claus Christmas Store, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for reviewing the Santa Claus Christmas Store! We're so glad you had fun.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stopped in the Christmas Store on our way home from our family vacation. I told my 6 year old step-son that Santa Claus appears there daily and that he might be able to ahve his photo taken with him, and he got all excited. the first thing he did when we walked in was he ran up to someone who works there and asked where Santa Claus was! Lol She was very nice and helpful, and promptly went to look for Santa (as he was on break) and seconds later Santa appeared! My step-son was so excited, he just kept hugging Santa over and over. Santa was extremely sweet, and said he made a new life-long friend :) That made my step-son's day!

We purchased photos of Santa with our 4 children, not horribly priced, and purchased some fudge. then went to the adjoining ornament shop that makes personalized ornaments and purchased a few of those as well. Again, not horribly priced. I'll be going back there.

Thank you! So cute that Santa and your stepson are now fast friends. :o)

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Hubby determined this was part of our trip so we went and we were taking a picture of the children with the statue of Santa Claus out front when the real one came up and surprised them. They loved it!! We had our picture taken with Santa (very reasonable) and then scoped the store. The thing I liked best was they had a huge selection of family ornaments that they personalized for free. We have a large family and they had many option and when I selected mine, the girl was so sweet and noticed I'd gotten one with a chip and replaced it in quick order. We are definitely going back with more time to shop!

1  Thank Rebecca S

Thank you! Very glad that we exceeded your expectations.