Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Great Amusement & Water Park!

Reviewed November 15, 2019
mrsnicoleb
Grandview, Indiana
Holiday World

Reviewed November 6, 2019
Edie P
via mobile

2,473 results
All reviews free sunscreen water park theme park free parking free soft drinks roller coaster all ages clean park splashing safari wave pools kings island wait times great park six flags water coaster funnel cake short lines
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2019

I've grown up going to Holiday World every year (most of the time with passes) because we live so close. I've been to many other amusement parks and this one probably takes the cake for several reasons. You can actually get through the whole park in one day. The lines are never too long. Drinks are free. And they actually have fun, thrill seeking rides. It's not all just for show! Yes everything is themed, but little kids to full grown adults can have fun here. And tickets aren't a hundred dollars a piece. Plus you get the amusement park and the water park!

Date of experience: October 2019
HWGuestRelations, Manager at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope you come see us again in 2020!

Reviewed November 6, 2019 via mobile

What an awesome place! So much to see and do. Fun for all ages. Cant wait to go back next summer for Safari Water Park.

Date of experience: October 2019
HWGuestRelations, Manager at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2019

We can't wait to see you back in Splashin' Safari next season and hope you take a ride on Cheetah Chase!

Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

We spent 3 days there, 2 on the amusement park and 1 on the water park. We had a fantastic time and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great vacation. We will be going again for sure.

Date of experience: August 2019
HWGuestRelations, Manager at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2019

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back in 2020 on Cheetah Chase - our new water coaster!

Reviewed November 5, 2019

Amazingly clean and friendly people. Was not as crowded as I thought they would be. Free soda parking and sunscreen. Cant beat it.

Date of experience: October 2019

Thanks for coming to see us. We hope you visit again in 2020!

Reviewed October 23, 2019

We drive from St. Louis every year to go to HW either early season or mid-summer. This year we decided to take a 2nd trip for fall break and to check out their Fall/Halloween offerings. It was perfect for us because our 8 year old scares easily. The haunted houses and shows were perfect for her (we usually never attend the shows) and we thoroughly enjoyed them. Without the water park open one day was plenty but with the water park you definitely need two days.

What continues to not work - the food lines! When we go late May and wait in long lines in Splash'n Safari, they tell us it is becuase they are just opening and training new people. We have waited 40 min in crazy long lines. I am an efficiency consultant and it KILLS me to see a cashier taking orders AND then getting food from all along the food line. One person should be taking orders, while a "runner" gets food for one or two cashiers. It should NEVER take as long as it does here.

On this visit we thought we would check out the new Kris Kringle Market. What a disaster. The lines were massive. Then we saw a line that said Kids Meal only. With no one to ask, we got in line and while complaining about how long all the lines were someone told us that you could only order kids meals in this particular line. WHAT?!?! Why would you have a line for Kids Meals Only. What family wants to wait in two separate lines for kids and adults lines? I hope this is not the case, but again, with no one to ask and seeing how long the lines were we left. We walked over to the Alamo and there were about 40 people in a single queu line that went outside the restaurant eating area. From there we decided to walk over to Plymouth Restaurant (it had a fairly reasonable wait mid-summer on our last visit). The line was out the door at 2pm! They had 2 queues going that led to the same single line. There were 3 people on the line, one poor guy working despartely fast and two of them constantly leaving to go get new pans of food, fumbling with hot pans, searching for hot pads, struggling to get the empty pans out an the new ones inserted - it was a mess (and the only hard workers I could see). You could see people moving around in back, but seriously, why weren't they delivering the food to the front line instead of having servers stop to get pans??? After a 45 min wait we order our food and there are NO trays. They start to hand a steaming hot, over loaded, flimsy styrofoam plate to my 8 yr old! I quickly grabbed it away and asked for trays. The poor guy said they were all being washed. The 2 cashiers were not backed up at all because not enough people were moving through the desperately slow food line.

Went to sit down and had to get napkins to clean our own table despite there being 3 cleaning staff standing talking the ENTIRE time we ate our food (a solid 15 min) also while I watched others have to clean their own tables. I finally took a picture of the 3 and planned to stop at the front gate as we left so i could complain to mgmt. A woman walked by and i aksed if she was a manager. Said she was so i gave her my complaints. I said I knew she had to know there was a problem. She agreed and said she was on her way to talk to her manager. I pointed out the two almost 2 ft tall stacks of dirty trays sitting on top of both trash cans. She apologized and walked off. She did go back to talk to the 3 kids standing talking (one had disbursed by then to go talk to two other people) but seemed to laugh with them. They seemed to be moving around more as we left and i watched the manager come and get one of the stacks of trays.

You have been in business too long for the food service lines to take as long as they do. We drive 3 hours to come here instead of Six Flags St. Louis because we LOVE your park, it is clean, price is great, rides are awesome, kids working in park are friendly and great. We don't want to have to pack food to go outside to eat. Generally I feel paying the price for food helps to cover some of the cost of all the free perks you offer which are great. This is a mgmt and restaurant set up/layout and staffing/schedule issue. Hire a consultant if you must, but it has to be fixed! And if what I heard is true in the Kris Kringle market about separate kids line, please change what you're doing!

I'm giving you 1 star for service this visit but 5 for the park as always.

Date of experience: October 2019
HWGuestRelations, Manager at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback on your visit. I've passed everything along to our Management Team and we hope you give us another chance.