Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
So much fun

We just went on Sunday. It was a blast! There is so much for everyone to do. The lines were short... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Love2travel618
Centralia, Illinois
via mobile
Fun!

Great for kids! Lots of rides at water park. Lines were long but it was summer right before... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
melissatX9063FS
Los Angeles, United States
via mobile

2,453 results
All reviews free sunscreen water park theme park free parking free soft drinks roller coaster all ages clean park drink stations splashing safari sun screen wave pools pepsi products kings island both parks wait times great park
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We get to have our grand daughters spend one week each summer with us. One of the activities they always want to do is spend a day at Holiday World!!! The love the thrill rides and water park! We’ve been taking them there for several years and they have their favorite activities, we hit those first. What a great attraction we have! It’s always clean, we’ll maintained and safe! Thank you to the Holiday World and Splashing Safari management and staff for all their hard work!!! Keep up the good work!

Date of experience: August 2019
HWGuestRelations, Manager at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We're so glad to hear that we're part of your annual plans and hope it stays that way for many more years to come!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited this past Wednesday, August 7th. Waited to visit this year until the last operating weekday of the season in hopes of the park being less crowded than when I visited on a Friday in July two years ago, no such luck.

I cannot imagine what the lines must be like on the weekends at this place. The water park is what most people come here for and the lines back that up. About an hour wait for each water ride aside from the lazy river and wave pool. Several attractions in the water park were closed, such as The Wave, Tembo Tides, and Hyena Falls. This must be due to insufficient staffing as they certainly had enough park attendance to warrant the full water park being open.

Speaking of insufficient staffing, many restaurants were closed. Only Bahari snacks, Jungle Jakes, and Safari Sams were operating in the water park. Safari Sams was ONLY serving individual slices of pizza and ONLY if you paid cash. This resulted in the three lines at Jungle Jakes to be approximately 50 people deep per line. I didn’t even attempt to wait in those lines and instead settled for a 15 minute wait at Bahari snacks to eat some mini corn dogs for lunch. The height measurement station in the water park was also closed.

When we decided to have an early dinner at Plymouth Rock Cafe which we’ve enjoyed in the past, we were dismayed to find it too was closed for the day. Earlier in the week there had been a boil water advisory in the area which they blamed for having the restaurants closed on Monday and Tuesday, however the boil water advisory was lifted early Tuesday afternoon, so they must have just decided to keep places closed anyway even after that had been lifted.

As many other people are noting, this place was great about 10 years ago, but with each season things seem to be going in the wrong direction. It seems as if the charm this place had when Will was around is fading fast. I’m surprised they still offer free tubes, parking, sunscreen, and soda, as it seems like they are trying to strangle the last penny out of every dollar of overhead given the poor staffing issues. If you do decide to visit, try to visit in May or early June as their website recommends, as July and August are slammed even during the week.

TL:DR If you’re a repeat visitor you’ll probably be wistful of your prior visits. If you’re a first time visitor, try the park out and see how you like it.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you for the feedback - I've passed it along to our Management Team.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This park never disappoints. Clean, friendly, wonderful rides. My only wish is that they would have menu boards out away from the food stands so you don't have to stand in line to read them at the window, or walk up past many hungry park goers that get angry until they realize you're not line jumping.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thanks for coming to see us! All of our food menus are online, so if you'd like to browse them before your next visit, just visit holidayworld.com/food

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Holiday World is a nice park with Awesome Coasters!!! Free parking & unlimited beverages all day !!!

Date of experience: June 2019

Thanks so much for coming to see us. We hope you visit again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I feel I may be being generous with 3 stars but I want to see Holiday world continue to succeed... so I am going to leave some critical feedback in hopes that it will be helpful. This is my 4th visit. My first visit was in 2007 and I recall being blown away by my experience. The park was sparking clean, I think there was hand sanitizer stations then?

1.) cleanliness- every table we approached had old food on it. Gross. Subsequently we were constantly attacked by sweat bees despite wearing loads of bug spray and we all got stung. Sweat bee stings aren’t pleasant. I saw multiple trash cans with trash stacked on top. The bathrooms were dirty and smelled awful. The drink stations were gross missing plastic fittings and could see mold growth. Ice was out

2.) food service. This should’ve been my number one spot probably. We waited probably 2/3 of our day in line to get food. We waited for over an hour at the mexican restaurant at 2:00. Wouldn’t think that would be a busy time and we starved ourselves to try to avoid the crowds but no such luck. We then spent 40 min in line for ice cream. College kids were inefficient and not the nicest. The wait time is inexcusable. Nobody pays so much money to stand in lines longer than the attraction lines to get subpar food and pay and arm and a leg for it. They seem to build your drink price into the exorbitant food prices which stinks when you only drink water. If Holiday world doesn’t correct this issue I foresee major issues. This problem alone left me never wanting to return. I passed multiple restaurants that weren’t open.

3.) staff. Was surly. Never saw staff at line entrances. Different rider swap rules at different rides with nobody at ride entrance to tell you how it works. Poor solution to force entire families through line together. I have 2 kids with sensory issues who don’t do lines. They don’t want to wait for a ride they can’t ride and trust me nobody near us wants them in line either. Holiday world doesn’t have enough attractions that are suitable for younger kids and their height restrictions seem overly restrictive. My 5 years old can ride most every mid-tier ride at Disney and next to nothing at holiday world. I’d skip this park with littles to be honest.

I hope HW can correct some of these things. I think a lot boils down to staffing prices. Increase your ticket prices and hire more quality employees. I’d be happy to pay more for a better experience.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thanks for coming to see us and this feedback - I've passed it along to our Management Team and the appropriate departments.