Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Enjoyable

This is the second time visiting Holiday World and we had a great time. The temperature outside was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
W875VCrichardc
Orange Beach, Alabama
via mobile
Great value for a family friendly place

This was our first visit to Holiday World even though we have heard a lot about it on the radio or... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
sjc600316
Noblesville, Indiana

2,399 results
All reviews free sunscreen water park theme park free parking free soft drinks roller coaster all ages clean park drink stations sun screen wave pools splashing safari pepsi products kings island both parks wait times great park
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

I use to think four/five stars of this place but I had a staff member get mouthy at my 4-year-old because he said out loud "hey the horn doesn't work" wasn't talking to the guy was talking to me but the guy said with a tone "yeah because I haven't turned it on. Also, there's not a lot of rides for the little guys and not much in Halloween or Christmas. Also wasn't suppose to rain that day but did so rides were shut down for an hour and a half, between that and the lines the kids only got to ride 5 rides plus the small slide area in the water park. But the other staff was very helpful, as usual, love the nursing room in the water area and FREE SODA. Ps. The food would cost you a new mortgage. I know theme parks are expensive on food but one small cheeseburger, onion rings, and fries cost 27 dollars and the bathroom in the water park wasn't clean when we went in. Also, a very busy day and shuttles weren't running

Date of experience: July 2019
HWGuestRelations, Manager at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for the feedback. I've passed this along to our Management Team for review.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Holiday World.....what a place!! When visiting this park, you MUST go into it knowing that you’re not visiting a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park. Holiday World is a smaller park, but very much worth a visit (or three). I cannot stress enough how clean this park was on our recent visit. I’d almost call it sterile. They’ve won the “cleanest park” Golden Ticket many times and it’s easy to see why. Holiday World proudly offers free soft drinks, free parking and free sunscreen. What other park offers that?? They have a world class collection of wooden coasters, including The Voyage. It’s the second longest wooden coaster on Earth, but is the longest with a single lift hill. It’s a very intense, impressive ride. In addition to the woodies, Holiday World also has an excellent B&M LAUNCHED wing coaster named Thunderbird. It’s a better ride than the wing at our home park. Splashin’ Safari is one of the best waterparks in the Midwest, which is worth the admission price by itself. Wildebeest is a current Golden Ticket holder for “best water park ride”. The staff here always seems far more friendly than the staff at the large chain parks. Holiday World still retains a family owned feel and we love that about it. All in all, we had another great visit to this gem of a park and look forward to our next visit.

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you so much for the review. We hope you come see us again soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took a surprise trip to holiday world over the July 4th holiday weekend. The park is nice, very kid friendly. unfortunately both days we were there the rides closed for impending stormy weather. We had a nice time other than that. I will say there is NOTHING else in the surrounding area except a few Christmas stores, a Subway restaurant, and a couple gas stations. I booked through the website and my “nearby “ hotel was 20 miles away (in the middle of nowhere as well)

Thanks for visiting!

Reviewed 1 week ago

This park should be a model for how Six Flags SHOULD do things. We had lost one of our tickets and it was replaced with a simple name search by a smiling & friendly employee. Contrast to a similar incident a couple years back at Six Flags where I had to buy another ticket despite showing them the e-mail confirm.

The entire park is clean, well-themed, and staffed by competent and cheery staff. Parking, drinks, and sunscreen are FREE.

While not offering the wide array of rides found in a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, the available offerings are fun and the coaster lineup is small but strong, especially The Voyage and Thunderbird.

Water Park section (which does not require a separate ticket) is the best I've ever been to. Great lineup of slides, multiple wave pools, and TWO great water coasters. Mammoth is the best water ride I've ever been on.

Couldn't recommend this park any more.

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you so much for the recommendation. We hope you come see us again!

Really great:

The cleanliness. Every time I needed to throw something away there was a trash can within 20 feet. I didn't see trash on the ground in the park the whole trip.

The free drinks. In every area of the park there is an "oasis" station with free drinks for everyone. And a variety! Dr pepper, Pepsi, mountain dew, Gatorade, water, even root beer. I only ran in to one oasis station that was running out of ice and this was on a hot July afternoon. It takes a very big commitment to offer free drinks to everyone all day long and Holiday World lived up to their promise.

The lockers. I was worried I wouldn't be able to figure out how to rent a locker. And then I worried that I would have to keep up with a key or a code or something. But the wristband barcode system was a genius system and super easy to use. Lockers were centrally located so we were able to access it easily and often.

The dry rides. Thunderbird is the best at the park. No doubt. Smooth and fast. I had a 12 year old that was scared to ride it at first. But he was brave enough to try it once and after that initial trip he wanted to go on it again and again. The wooden coasters are rough and nearly induced a headache. I was glad to ride them once but only the Thunderbird got multiple rides out of us.

The wet rides. There is a great variety of adult/big kid rides that give 2, 4, or 6 people a chance to ride together. Mammoth is long and fun. Zoombabwe was another one that the kids wanted to ride several times. I had a 7 year old that wanted to ride with her bigger siblings and she loved watubee.

The tiki jungle gym. Kima bay is a multi-slide jungle gym with 6 slides. Kids of all ages can have fun all around this area and there are some chairs close by where parents can take a breather and turn the kids loose for a few moments. I was surprised when parents were allowed to go on the slides too. My kids kept taking me up and down the jungle gym to show me the fun things they had found. They even teamed up to lead their unsuspecting father into a trap and dumped water on his head! Lots of fun in this area and it defacto became our base camp for the day.

The slides for little kids. Again, my 7 year old couldn't ride a lot of the big kid rides, but there were a ton of smaller slides she wore out by herself. Tembo river and tembo falls are excellent places for the little kids to have a great time.

The friendly staff. My little 7 year old scrapped her ankle when she fell running (way to go with the parenting dad!) in tembo falls. Immediately, a sweet lifeguard was there to see if she was alright. After some brief tears it was just a scratch on her ankle. The lifeguard called on the radio and we had a bandaid and an ankle wrap from another employee. It was a moment where our family felt wanted and cared for at the park.

The hidden gems: Hyena falls is a small, 3-slide ride that is a good 10 minute walk from the rest of Spashing Safari, but there was barely any line and even my littlest one could ride the slides. There were chairs and restrooms and, of course, an oasis there. It was the most private the park felt all day. It was like our own little slide to play on.

Could be a bit better:

The food service. Now, there was a ton of variety. Chicken strips. Burgers. Pizza. Even salads. And I understand that the park employs a lot of seasonal, teenage workers, but some didn't know how to keep a line moving and serve the right food to the right people. Some were preoccupied by laughing and joking with the other workers. It's really not a big deal and it wouldn't keep me from visiting again. But, keep in mind when you get food at the park that a few of the kids working there might not be on top of the customer service.

The wave pools. I love a good wave pool and there are three at Splashing Safari with one being aimed at very small children. But the waves are supposed to follow a 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off cycle. We stopped riding and got into a calm pool expecting the waves to start up in less than 10 minutes. After about 30 we gave up and went back to riding. Again, wouldn't keep me from visiting again, but that was disappointing considering that we had limited time to see as much of the park as we could.

The time crunch. Holiday world opens at 10 Central time. (We stayed in a hotel 30 minutes away that was on Eastern) They could totally open an hour earlier to make use of the daylight. The Splashing Safari water park opens an hour later at 11 and that's an issue. We rented a cabana expecting to go there first and drop our bags with our towels and swimsuits and extra clothes. We found out that we couldn't access our cabana until 11 so we had to carry our stuff around for an hour. At the end of the day, the water park closes 2 hours earlier than the rest of the park. So we had to pack all our things out of the cabana and carry them around again. It's just inconvenient, but it will probably keep me from ever renting a cabana again.

Just random bits:

The hills. The park is set among some hills so get ready to hike a bit.

The hot concrete. Splashing safari tries to wet down the concrete with some misters and things, but you will burn your feet on the hot concrete. Bring crocs or flip flops when you walk around. Nearly every ride had a place to store shoes.

All in all it was a great trip that my kids enjoyed. We spent two days and I'm glad we did. The second day is a little cheaper and I feel like we saw 80-90% of the park.

I'm looking forward to heading back maybe in the next year or two.

2  Thank thebrave8842

Thank you so much for the the thorough review and feedback. I've passed it along to our Management Team. We hope to see you back next season!