“Some good points”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
South Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Some good points”
Reviewed August 11, 2006

We visited Holiday Park and water park on a Sunday, which is supposed to be less crowded than Saturdays. It was in the 90's and very humid and VERY crowded. Waits for rides were about an hour, and in that weather, just about impossible to tolerate, so we went on very few. we were disappointed to spend that much and not go on many rides.

The holiday themes are weakly presented and much more could be done with them, to give the park a more unique quality.

We have been to many amusement parks, and the big plus here are the free drinks and free sunscreen included in the ticket price. It shows that the park cares about its' guests not getting burned or dehydrated, and was a valued feature to us. We were also pleased that food prices were average and not inflated, as they are at every other amusement park we have been to.

In general, I would recommend the park ONLY if you go on a weekday, when hopefully the crowds would not be as bad, or in a slower part of the season.

7 Thank TexFam

St. Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Holiday World A Big Hit”
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Many years ago, my parents took me to Santa Claus, Indiana on a vacation. As I recall, there was a small amusement park with a train and a few other rides. My how things have changed! I took my ten year old son to Holiday World last week-end and we had a blast. The water rides were a nice mix of scary and not so scary and the newer of the two wave pools which uses salt water was a delight. My son and I both had fun riding the Holloween swings among other rides. We passed on the newest ride, The Voyage which is a rollar coaster that is much too scary for us. The park is very clean and the staff is friendly. Parking is free and they also provide as much free Pepsi as you can consume. Think about how many sodas you buy during a 12 hour stay at the average amusement park and then you will realize what a great deal it is to have free soda. The park also provides free sun-screen. We will come back again.

Also, be sure to stop at Lincoln's boyhood home which is nearby. It is a great lesson in history.

5 Thank LBH1956
Charlottesville, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best Themepark EVER!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2006

I have been visiting Santa Claus Land now Holiday World for my whole life. As a child I loved it and now going back as an adult I love it even more.

If you have been to theme parks that are dirty, noisy, crowded, with people walking around smoking and half-dressed, you will know that Holiday World is a gem as none of that can be found here.

The last time I went was on a weekday in late May. I hadn't been there in probably 10 years. It was wonderful. I really felt like I was stepping back in time, when things were simpler and people were kind. It is really a happy place.

The whole park is incredibly clean. I mean it, really, really clean. There are nice trees and friendly employees. Every employee that I spoke with was very nice and helpful. I suggest you go on a weekday if you can.

3 Thank hpk2020
Northwest Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“We'll be Back!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2006

I am already looking forward to going back. Everything that I read about Holiday World is completely true. The park was VERY clean, The Staff were VERY friendly. The free parking and drinks. The Great wooden roller coasters. They were all great, but the Voyage--WOW- that was incredible. The waterpark was really great. My children did not want to leave either of the days we were there. The lines were long, but not like Disney or Six Flags. I enjoyed all the rides as did the rest of my family. This is a great park for children. My 5 y.o. daughter loved Holidog's fun town-especially the Howler coaster. My daughter is exactly 42" tall without shoes. This is a very important height, because if you are not, you are limited on many rides-especially in the waterpark. Don't get me wrong, there is much to do for little ones, but my daughter would have been VERY disappointed if she were 1" shorter. Check the Official website for height requirements. My 7 y.o. son loved the Gobbler getaway and managed to win somehow. The review on this site from July 18, 2005 was very helpful. I used that information and it made my trip better. The only thing I didn't do was bring a stroller. I ended up renting one to carry our things. Lastly, the other guests at the park were friendly and courteous. I didn't hear foul language and there weren't groups of teens running around yelling and bumping into people like I have seen at other parks. This is the perfect place to take children (especially children that can't ride large rides at other parks) and not break the bank. My family of four ate lunch at the park for $14.00. I spent that much at a fast food restaurant on the way to Santa Claus. You just can't beat it.

7 Thank Tonkel
Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“And Now They Have Added the Voyage...”
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We make a trip to Holiday World each summer from Terre Haute. The water park is great, soft drinks and sunscreen are free and the Raven and Legend give this dad (coaster lover to the max) a real nice coaster fix.

Now, they have added the Voyage. This is is the finest wooden coaster I have experienced. As far as an experience, it reminds me of Millenium Force or Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. Don't get me wrong, the features on these rides are very different. What I am talking about here is how you feel when you exit. Voyage is just one almost three minute rush. It feels faster than it's 67 mph drop claim. All you can say at the end is, "Wow" and get in the line again. This ride is intense, and it is intense all the way through. Air time, G forces, and banked turns. It gives you the feeling that it is out of control.

The park was easily worth the trip before. Now they have a wooden coaster that sets the standard. Great water park and the three wooden coaster classics (Voyage, Legen, Raven). Our quiet Indiana secret is going to get out.

2 Thank rnorris