“Great time all around.”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We just got back from Holiday World and had a really good time. The park was very clean and the food was reasonable. Drinks are free!!! I would suggest hitting the water park first and hitting the rest of the park later in the day.

The dive show was very entertaining.

1  Thank cincyred
Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"food prices"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2009

This amusement park is perfect for families. The park is clean and full of great rides They feature a great wooden rollercoaster, the Raven. The park is divided into various holiday sections. The rides are named for the section in which they are located. For instance, Pilgrim's Plunge is in the Thanksgiving section.
The soft drinks are free and they provide sunscreen in the water park. It is also a great value. Many area businesses offer discounts to the park. Pepsi products feature discounts on their cans.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

I just returned from Holiday World today. I traveled with hubby, my 7 year old daughter, and my 3 year old son. I was excited to be going to this park after reading so much about it. I have to say I was very disappointed. I was there yesterday and I was not impressed. We have been talking about it and trying to figure out what about it we didn't like.
First, the layout is somewhat confusing and the rides are all over the place. We rented a wagon which was a challenge as half of the place is on a hill! I now have one arm longer than the other after pulling the wagon up the hills. The park was so crowded it was miserable. I waited almost an hour with my 3 year old to ride the scrambler. My husband and daughter waited even longer than that to get on the roller coaster across from the scrambler. Way too long to wait with kids! I think the crowds were the biggest turn off as you couldn't move around without practically bumping into someone.

The rides we went on were fun, but due to the lines, we didn't get to go on many during the day. The food was average, what you would expect from an amusement park. Free soda is a nice perk if you drink alot of it. We didn't go to the water park,but did talk to other that did. Most of the big slides had an hour wait they were saying.

I guess this park has such good reviews that so many people are going, which makes it more challenging to navigate. I went to Kings Island a couple days before and there is no comparision between the two. KI rocks!

2  Thank llamamamaof2
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We just returned from Holiday World and it was a great experience! The park is clean, staff is friendly, reasonable prices and great rides! I highly recommend this park especailly to families with smaller children. The young children are not forgotten at this park. There are rides for everyone.

1  Thank Momoftwods
See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We went to holiday world on a Tuesday in early June. My kids, ages 8,7, 5, loved the park. The rides were perfect for their ages. My 8 year old went on a roller coaster with me which was excellent, but it scared him too much to go on the other ones. In the afternoon the lines in the park were very short if any at all. The staff was very friendly. The Pepsi Oasis stands were easy to find and no lines to use them. The water park looked like fun but my kids don't know how to swim so we didn't use it, I just didn't want the headache, so we stayed in the park. The lines at the water park were pretty long in the afternoon, so I'd use it in the morning and the park in the afternoon to avoid lines. We went to 2 shows, the diving one was very entertaining and Fusion, a musical show which was O.K. and a nice break from the rides. This park is a very clean park, if you set your pepsi cup down to get on a ride it will be gone when you come back.. Clean easy to find bathrooms too. It was a great day in the park. Great for all ages!

3  Thank farm_fam_of_5