“It's Like Cedar Point and Wet 'N Wild Had a Baby!”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I'm a Cedar Point and King's Island freak. So when my 14-year old daughter and her best friend planned a summer trip to Holiday World and volunteered me to drive, I must admit I agreed to go "for their sakes." I was expecting it to be sort of lame-o. After all, nothing could beat Cedar Point or King's Island! I have to say that I was VERY pleasantly surprised, though! There are only 3 roller coasters there (all wooden), but they're all great! The Voyage IS AWE-SOME!!! I was not prepared for how fast it was--definitely faster than any other wooden coaster I've ever been on--and most of the metal ones, too. And it had some features that I've never seen before, like the 90-degree banks. It was a long ride, too. When I got off the first time, I was actually so dizzy I had to hold onto the lockers for a sec! ha ha! So we got right back on and rode it 4 more times in a row before they shut the park down on us. The water park was also great--lots of really fun tubing rides & slides. Enough stuff for the little ones to enjoy AND for the teenagers to enjoy. We loved the free drinks--that saved us a lot of money during the day, so the admission price wasn't as bad as it seemed up front. Food was reasonably priced. About 8 bucks for a hamburger/fries/Oreo combo (free drinks are located at stations all over the park). Super clean place. Free parking. Free sunscreen. Tons of fun. What more could you ask for? We live 3 hours away. If it was closer, I'd buy season passes for sure! This is the best-kept secret in Theme Park Universe. I feel unfaithful saying this, but: "Sorry Cedar Point, you've got competition!"

1  Thank Travel G

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Holiday World and Splashin' Safari is a nice place to get away for a couple of days. The amusement park is divided into 4 holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween and July 4th. The park is smaller than I had imagined, however there are plenty of rides for little ones and adults. The lines weren't too long.

Free drinks were awesome! It's nice to not stand in line just to get something to drink, I really wish they had more places with unsweetened iced tea though, the only place I found unsweetened tea was by the larger wave pool. If you don't like drinking gallons upon gallons of sugar do what I did, fill a cup with ice and chew on ice cubes! They also have free sunscreen which has an SPF of 30. We brought our own sunblock which has a 100+ SPF.

Everyone working at the park is friendly and helpful. The park is in the middle of nowhere and there aren't that many hotels around so book well in advance.

The water park is pretty nice, there are many water slides and kiddie areas. I enjoyed both wave pools, the park wasn't overly crowded since we went on a Thursday and Friday but it was definitely crazier on Friday which tells me Saturday would have been worse. Take a few days off work and go on a weekday and save your sanity.

To sum it up, Holiday World is ok for a one time visit, I don't understand why anyone would go here more than once or twice in a lifetime...until there are a few nice hotels and restaurants in the area I don't see myself going here again.

1  Thank TravelerD75
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We live in Indianapolis, which is about 3 hours North of Holiday World. We drive down several times per summer to go to this awesome park. It is the cleanest park I have every seen. Soft drinks are included in the price and there are sunscreen stations throughout the water park. the water park is our favorite part of Holiday World. The rides are awesome. We particularly like the Wildebeest and the Mammoth.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I love this place! We came in after 3pm for the discount and bought next day tickets. And they have a great military discount. We live 4 hours away, but have family that lives close to Holiday World. Every summer we visit, we spend a few days here. I love the water park for my toddler. They have a few rides for him to ride out in the park, too. The staff is friendly and the park is clean. I just love this place! My parents brought me here when we were little( No Splashin' Safari then), lots of changes since then, but still a fun family place.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We're just now leaving our annual visit to this park. We've been going first 6+ years and the last 4 evolved into camping in the campgrounds and visiting the park two days in a row.

What I love the best is the staff is so friendly! I've never encountered an angry staff member or indifferent one. Hats off to all Holiday World employees!

We also love the inexpensive food in the park and how inexpensive it is to get in. You don't have to mortgage your house to get into this park and eat like some other places.

We will be back next year.

1  Thank gunrunnerb5