“A Big Hit With Families and Thrill-Seekers Alike”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The little gem of a resort that is Holiday World in southern Indiana should be on the bucket list of everyone from rollercoaster fans to waterpark devotees. Run by a family for years, the energy spent towards making every guest feel welcome is palpable from the top management to the folks running the cash registers in the gift shops. Attitude means something, and this place has a positive one that rivals the Disney parks.

It all starts with a positive and friendly attitude, but then Holiday World keeps surprising you at every turn: Free parking, free soft drinks, a fantastic set of coasters including The Voyage - which I (and a lot of others) consider to be the best wooden coaster on the planet. Then there's a full waterpark that is *part* of the park -- no additional admission charge! And the rides in the watermark are just as high-caliber as the rides in the rest of the park. I could ride Mammoth, their giant-innertube ride all day and not feel like I was missing out on anything. Seriously, the Mammoth is a stunner.

Add some food options that are definitely above-average, and you have a great location for a memorable couple of summer days. Holiday World is a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the trip!

2  Thank John H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"food prices"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Last summer our family took a two day trip to Holiday World. We go every year because I truly believe there is no park better suited for families. Holiday World does a great job keeping the extra costs to a minimum with free drinks, sunscreen and parking. Also, I have to add that I almost had a very bad experience. I left my clothes, with wallet, keys and cell phone, sitting on a bench outside a changing area after getting ready for Splashin' Safari. I realized it a little over two hours later. My clothes were still sitting on the bench folded just as I left them!! I was amazed and reminded that despite all of the negativity our news is filled with, there are still honest, good people! I felt very blessed and I think Holiday World and the staff at the park deserve credit for having a family oriented atmosphere day in and day out!

Also, I really liked the changes to the Holidog's Funtown area and the train this year. Another job well done by Holiday World! I can't wait for this year's trip!

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Enjoy coming here every summer for the clean, exciting water park. Love the free sunscreen and free soft drinks!

2  Thank alitton5
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family and I go here multiple times a year and we love it! It is so much cheaper, so much more bang for your buck, cleaner, and shorter lines than anywhere else I can think of! I recommend going in early May because there are almost no lines. Now, of course the food prices are outrageous, but with free soft drinks it's alright. Not to mention, the idea of the different areas sectioned by Holidays is super cute. I guess the only downside would be that the lodgings, if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg, are all located at least 20 minutes away from the park in cities like Tell City or Jasper which, in my opinion, have really nothing going for them aside from a few fast food restaurants. I suppose it's never really been a problem though. My family and I have never experienced any rude workers or had any altercations with other guests. Also, my brother has Autism and the staff does everything they can to help us and he loves the place!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Our Family, like most families of the US, can't afford a HUGE vacation. It may not be Disney, but it's the next best thing....plus cheaper and closer for us! My kids look forward to going to "Holiday World" each year as a family. They enjoy all kinds of rides, including the water rides! They NEVER outgrow Holiday World. We started this family tradition when I was a child. Now I have my family and have continued the tradition. It's one price to get in and ride ALL the rides ALL day long, plus into the water park. As I age, I enjoy watching the FREE entertainment with magic shows, singing and dancing ♫. There are numerous places to enjoy an affordable lunch/dinner without breaking the bank. But you can't leave until you buy some homemade fudge, see Santa and get a family picture, and visit the glass shop along with the Souvenir shop. We always get our annual Christmas decoration from Holiday World. It's a day full of memories ♥

2  Thank candycane2170