“Great Value Family Theme Park”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was over 100 degrees when we visited, so the free drinks really came in handy. Lots of other free stuff here too: parking, sunscreen, lockers, and tubes. Good value for families. The water park is the best we've been to - great variety of innovative rides for all ages. The rest of the park is good too, but doesn't match other parks we've visited. The three big wooden coasters are great. They will knock the fillings out of your teeth, however. There are few shops for those who don't ride much. The food was much-hyped, but we found it to be just average.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our group of 11 ranged from 6 to nearly 60 and we all had a great time during our 2 day visit. A downpour the first day cooled everything off just after the park opened. We were not so lucky the second day...until an afternoon rain closed the rides momentarily and cooled it off again. It didn't seem any less crowded on Tuesday than Monday. The wait for the mamouth was over an hour--contrary to the sign in line. Singles line for the wilder beast gets you on the ride in a quarter of the time of the regular line, as long as you don't mind riding with strangers. Back seat is the best anyway...air over the hills. I always see Pat when we go. Check our the air conditioned dining room in the back of the waterpark. We didn't see it until roasting while eating outside. Reasonable food prices and a decent selection.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

For the last 20 or so years my family and I have been coming to Holiday World and every year it just gets bigger and better! Yes the lines for some water park rides are long, but there's no real solution to it that I can think of, short of doing the disney fast pass kind of thing but it's just not really big enough for that. You just can't beat the free drinks, sunscreen, food prices, free tubes, etc...that you would not get for free at say Six Flags. I always feel safe enough to let my daughter and her friends to go on their own way which I would NEVER feel right about doing at Six Flags or even Disney (Disney bc its so huge). The park is always clean and people have always been very friendly, and the owner has always been out front when it opens every time we have been there, which I think is nice. I feel like they have done a great job in keeping up with the bigger city theme parks, especially for being in the middle of southern Indiana with not much else around. I really enjoy the Lake Rudolph campground next door and we usually stay there twice a year, once in the summer and once at Halloween when they have an awesome celebration, and I heard this year HW will be open at Halloween too, which is a great bonus that we have been waiting for! Can't wait!

1  Thank mjwink1
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I like EVERYTHING about this place! We have a three hour drive to get here and have season passes. It's great for all ages and the best bang for buck of any theme or water park I have seen. Free soft drinks, free parkiing, reasonable prices for food, no baggy pants, I have brought teenage kids here in the past, and now have brought two year old twins and everyone likes it. Water on one side, regular rides on the other. Friendly atmoshere all the time.
We like EVERYTHING about Holiday World!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We go here every year while it is not our favorite theme park, it is a good one. Very clean, well presented. I just wish they would do more with the dry park. The water park is by far the best water park I have ever been to.