“Lump of Coal for Santa's Lodge!”
Review of Santa's Lodge

Santa's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The only thing good about this hotel is the close proximity to Holiday World!!! Everything in this hotel is OLD! The blankets are so thin and old, Santa could read the naughty and nice list through them. The television set had lines going through it that signals the color tubes are starting to go bad. The receptionist at the front desk even said the tvs are old and there not going to do anything about them! The hotel lobby is cutely decorated with Christmas stuff, but they could do so much more, like have Christmas story time, show Christmas movies, so when guests have to be at the hotel, there is something to do! Having a shuttle to Holiday World would also be nice, the price of the rooms is outrageous for what you get! No free food, the buffets are extra and not worth anything! I can think of so much this place could do to bring more holiday cheer. The staff was not friendly at all. Any question I asked was responded in such abrupt negative manner. Santa Claus would like to have his name removed from such a dismal place!

Room Tip: Choose a room someplace else!
5  Thank donnaplocharczyk

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Much like other reviewers, I would say the location is fantastic for Holiday World. That's pretty much the only pro. The rooms are motelesque with bedspreads and sad pillows. The walls were so paper thin we could hear every thing next door, which was fine for so long. At 1230 am, with our neighbor's TV blaring, I called the front desk. They said they would contact the guest. 20 mins later - still blaring and I never heard the phone ring (and we could hear them sneeze). I call back and the front desk woman states she tried to contact them, but they didn't answer; must have gone to sleep. I ask for another room and she says she will call me back. Ten mins later she called back and said another room was available and my husband went to get the key while I packed up our belongings and we hauled our sleeping daughter. The new room was quiet, but it was 130 before we slept. For 155 a night this place has the holiday world location going for it and that's it.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank SuzyQIndy
Reviewed July 10, 2013

If location is the most important requirement in looking for a hotel near Holiday World, then yes this place is the place to stay (I don't know why this is the only hotel within 6 miles). Other than that, this is NOT worth $150 night! We arrived after 9 pm and we spoke to (NOT greeted by) SEVERAL employees and not a single one was friendly. After checking in, my daughter wanted to go swimming in the indoor pool which would be closing at 10 pm. We went to our room which was gross looking to me but was kind of clean. The whole place needs to be updated, stuck in a time warp (you can have that "lodge look" without looking like its from the 50s). We got within 100 feet of the (closed) door to the pool area and could already smell the chlorine (if you can smell chlorine that strong, that tells me you either don't know how to use the chemicals or you are trying to cover up funky water). My daughter jumps in the hot tub which was occupied by a woman and 3 kids. I was thinking the hot tub water looks a bit murky, I couldn't see the woman's feet in water but could see the black ring around it, I would let her get in it anymore. At 10 pm an employee announced (as if he was so bored and would rather be home playing video games) said the pool is now closed. We went back to our room and we greeted by a cockroach on the wall. My husband (who has worked for a pest control company in the past) said he saw a baby roach on the desk too. We packed up and checked out, did not get an apology, just a "here's your money back, I'll tell housekeeping". Seems as though they are more interested in raking in the money than spending it on updates and pest control! They could care less about their guests, they don't understand that the guests are what keeps them in business and pays their bills.

Room Tip: Stay at a clean hotel further away. Really, 6-13 miles away is only about 10-15 minutes on these far...
3  Thank trouch65
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My kids loved this place. It has 2 pools ,Christmas decor, and a playground. The staff is great,and the rooms are clean. That's about it. The beds aren't comfortable , and the room we stayed in was once a smoking room. If you don't expect to much ,and keep a light hearted mood ,it's fine. But if you want more than 2 star quality, don't stay here.

Room Tip: I booked a queen deluxe, and was given a regular queen room. It seems the only difference is a micro...
1  Thank Bridget S
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a lot of fun at santas lodge. Nice and clean basically across street from holiday world. We watched fireworks from front yard of the lodge and holiday world puts on a great show. We would highly recommend watching their fireworks. We also got ice cream and watched the fireworks. Ice cream and pizza restaurant are basically in santas lodge parking lot. The lodge has an indoor and out door pool which was a great size and clean area. My husband loved hot tub said it was best temperature hot tub he had been in, in awhile. They do tack on a lot of taxes at end of bill, about 20.00 of taxes, did not like that part.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank special2me81
Reviewed July 1, 2013

for the price of this room it was very bad!!!! cockroaches dead on bath room floor beds were very old and very hard carpet was old and very dirty looking I would drive a few miles to stay in a nice hotel if they put as much work into the inside as the out they could have a nice hotel we stayed on June 29-2013 I WOULD SUGGEST A CAMPER AT THE CAMPGROUNDS AS THAT IS WHERE ARE FRIENDS STAYED AND THEY HAD A MUCH NICER PLACE THAN WE DID

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbie98822
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect from Santa's lodge, but overall it was very nice. The pools and hot tub were a great way to relax. Excellent location to Holiday World. Would like to have a mini fridge but we just used a cooler instead. Water pressure and hot water in the shower was perfect. My only minor complaint was the beds as super firm and the were noisy. You may also want to request extra pillows, none are on the room. The gazebo was also relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013
Holiday Inn Express Tell City
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Jasper
17 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!