“my birthday visit”
Review of Santa's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Claus
Santa's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
Vermilion, Ohio, United States
“my birthday visit”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was given for my birthday a gift certificate for Santas lodge. we stayed 2 nights. We plan on coming back again. What a wonderful place to stay. Brandon, the front desk clerk was excellent when we arrived. Very friendly and efficient. we found the entire hotel to be clean and very welcoming. We had dinner on Thursday night at St. Nicks's restaurant, Excellent food. The steak dinner was cooked perfectly and was served hot. We will definitely be back. We had problems with the reception on our tv and Ethan came right up and fixed everything. I want to thank everyone there for making our first trip and my birthday trip to santas lodge a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michele S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on a Friday for two nights to visit Holiday World. We normally visit HW in the summer and stay at Camp Rudolph.

This time however, we decided to try Santa's Lodge for the sole reason they have an indoor pool.

As soon as we walked into our King Sized Suite, we were disappointed. The room was just sad & tired. The most notable thing about the room was the amount of dust & dirt on the vent cover for the suction side of the A/C & furnace.

The indoor pool has 4 walls & a roof. It is not heated. At least it wasn't during our stay.

I could go on but, I'm already tired of talking about it.

I will not stay here again. Nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

The one good thing I can say about this place is; it's a 2 minute drive to Holiday World.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Carhartkid

Travelers are raving about these Santa Claus hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 24, 2012

YUCK - Dirty and Yuck - Food -cannot go back....it is so easy to stay there and we have 3 times and this was just the last straw - it really is a very dirty place - AND my little kids who would eat nothing at that gross food bar - were not even allowed to order anything - had to do the gross, and expensive buffet.....

Sorry guys 0 I hate to be a downer - but I just cn't bear to stay at this filthy place again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was fun for a one time stay, but it doesn't really offer anything that would make us stay again. It is a shame that they can't give you more for the $79-$99 a night. They still use those awful bedspreads and it was very stained. We did the usual "throw everything except the sheets" off the bed. The cleanliness was OK other than that. The restaurant on site is pretty bad and the lake outback had garbage and styrofoam floating in it. Generally, staff is apathetic and going through the motions it seemed like. A waitress complained about customers to another waiter while we were paying our check...but kind of par for the course in this kind of establishment. To summarize: "Meh"

Room Tip: Regular rooms are very bare bones.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris R
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was so nice to have a very short car ride from Holiday World to the hotel because by the end of the days at the park, we were exhausted I have stayed at the Santa Claus Lodge twice with my family. Both experiences were very good. We stayed in Queen Deluxe rooms. They are a little bigger than the standard rooms and have a small fridge and microwave. If I had more people staying in the room than one child and a husband, I would spring for a suite. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. When we checked in for our most recent stay, we had reserved the deluxe rooms, but the ones they gave us were just standard. We realized it as soon as we walked in and went back to the front desk. They apologized and gave us deluxe rooms immediately. There is an extra $20 cost per night for deluxe vs. standard. The building looks dated in places, but clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a Remodeled room. The Deluxe rooms are approximately $20 more per night, but are a little b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just returned home from a wonderful time we had at Santa's Lodge and Holiday World. I have to say, I was concerned about the bad things I read about Santas Lodge. Please do not believe them and check this place out for yourself. From checking in to the time I left, I was totally HAPPY with the service, cleanliness and the food buffets. And I have to admit, I like things nice, tidy, and clean. I love the way the Entrance is decorated and I hope they do not change anything. My Granddaughter and I went and checked out the minitature Golf Course and it was well manicured. The lake, pools and grounds were very well taken care of. There were even day old biscuits for free for the kids to feed the fish in the lake. It was close to Holiday World, there is a Subway, Holiday Foods, ets. very close. And by the way, for the people who put down the Brick Oven pizza, we ordered one for a Pizza party in our room, and it was great. I asked for extra towels and pillows, I received them with a smile from the friendly staff. WE WILL RETURN TO SANTA'S LODGE FOR OUR NEXT TRIP TO HOLIDAY WORLD!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Family Suite and it was great. With a Family with two small children, it was nice to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rusty98
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a total of 4 adults and 6 kids. We had one standard room and one suite. We used the outdoor pool which was fine. The staff is nice and the it had a country Christmas feel. Our rooms were clean, nothing special. There really is nothing else in town. So we had wished we had brought more food and snacks. Next time we hope to rent a cabin.

Room Tip: If you want a room here to be close to park and pools, then get a suite, it made a big difference a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Rockport
#1 of 1 in Lewisport
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!