“They stole mother in laws roll recipe! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Christie's

Christie's
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They stole mother in laws roll recipe! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I haven't had roll like that in years. It was refreshing to find a place like that when your travelling . I felt like I stole a great meal.

1 Thank Billy H

Brookville, Indiana, United States
“Christie's on the Square is a TREASURE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stopped here on the way home from French Lick Resort...YaYa (me) PaPaw (Gary) daughter (Kristi) and the Petites (Audrey & Camille) for the BEST lunch ever! It is not easy to please such a wide range of ages- from four to sixty....but, Christie's is great for everyone. It is a beautiful restaurant, in the quaint little town of Salem, Indiana. Their lunch specials have a great variety, and the food is excellent. The only problem I had was deciding what to order. ;) The prices are also excellent, and a lunch costs no more (or less) than fast food. The house salad dressing is wonderful, as was the lunch special my husband ordered...and the bread pudding? YUM! I always stop at Christie's when we travel this direction...I just wish we were closer. It may not matter to most folks, but they also have a beautifully decorated CLEAN ladies room... a must for my sweet petites.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Restaurant Option in Salen, IN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are many choices on the menu - something for everyone. We had the prime rib special which consised of a large portion of prime rib (you choose from well to rare) that came with a baked potato and fresh salad. All of this for around $12.00!

Visited May 2014
Salem, Indiana
“$9.00 For A Turkey Sandwich On Untoasted Square Wonderbread!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I asked for a panini. She said that the panini machine was broken.I said that's ok, just make it a turkey club. She charged me $8.00 and some change. Then one of the cooks ( I was in the take out section in the rear of the restaurant) yelled , "It's gonna be a while before I can get to that!) and they asked me to come back in 20 minutes! (would have been nice to know that BEFORE I ordered!) When I came back I had a sandwich on regular old square bread just like you buy at the grocery store. It was not toasted. I paid $9.00 for something that I could have made at home! When I complained she said that they were out of artisan bread and there was no way for them to toast anything because the panini maker was broken and the broiler doesn't get turned on until the evening shift. Makes me wonder how they are cooking the food during lunch!

• Visited May 2014
Salem, Indiana
“I have been missing out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I came here a few years ago and was less than impressed. My experience was not bad, but it was not good either. I had heard people say that it is much better than it used to be. I went in there without high expectations. The warm homemade bread to start was very good. My salad was a standard salad, but the raspberry vinaigrette was great. We ordered fried green tomatoes which were the best I have had at any restaurant. The wasabi ranch sauce added a nice kick. I then got my shrimp and grits. A good sized portion of 5 or 6 large shrimp, cheese grits and peppers. When the waitress saw that my bowl was completely clean when I finished, she commented that many people eat all of the shrimp and some of the peppers and grits. I can't imagine leaving anything in the bowl. For dessert, I got the chocolate peanut butter pie and the people with me got the coconut cream pie. The peanut butter pie was excellent. I got to have some of the coconut cream pie too. It was not as good, (but I have to say that I have been spoiled by my wife's coconut cream pie so every other pie in comparison will be disappointing.) Overall, the food, the service, the friendliness, and the atmosphere were excellent. I will be back.