See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 14, 2017

I was born and raised in the Oxbow area and at one time the Bow Manor Hotel was the pride of South Eastern Saskatchewan. It was well known for its well kept, clean and modern rooms, its comfortable and relaxing beverage area, its excellent if not outstanding dining room and its relaxing and friendly coffee shop. My how things have changed.

I went home to attend the funeral of a loved one and stayed there because I had no other choice. I have stayed in hotels in 11 different countries ranging in price from form $600 a night to $5 a night and the Bow Manor Hotel in Oxbow is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in my life at any price including boarding houses in third world countries.

Where do I begin? Firstly, the young woman checking me into my room was arrogant and indifferent to everything. I asked her a few questions about things in the area and she did not even acknowledge my questions let alone answer them.

When I went to my room, the first thing I noticed is that it absolutely reeked of mildew and mould. The carpet was filthy and in the washroom, the toilet bowl had human fecal material all over it. There was hair everywhere. It was by far the filthiest place I have ever been in my life where the people had the audacity to actually charge you to stay there. It was so horrific I telephoned some friends and asked them if they had bed linens and pillows to borrow because I was terrified to use what was provided.

This place must be reported to the authorities in this province who oversea such establishments Never, ever ever stay in this disgusting hell hole.

It is both a disgrace and an embarrassment to such a fine community with a deep and proud history like Oxbow. Shame on the owners for allowing this to happen.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justmyopinion59
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

Gross! Stay somewhere else! Spills not cleaned from carpet, broken bed, muddy shower curtain, cobwebs on baseboard, pop bottle left under the bed, door for joining rooms doesn't lock, looked like the top blanket for the bed wasn't washed... Just over all gross. I've had to stay at outdated small town hotels before - which is fine, as long as they are clean. My recommendation is find somewhere else to stay - I'm only staying here because I had to for work.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank Justin K
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

Very bad. There was no zero for rating so had to give a one. No hot water at all, bed hard as a rock, and advertising WiFi which even after complaining about it still never got WiFi . Do not think of staying here. You will be sorry

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rick S
Reviewed February 25, 2015 via mobile

and stayed in some scuzzy places, but this one takes the cake. I was going to stayed in Estevan but figured I've stayed in some pretty awful camps, so this couldn't be any worse.
Well, I was wrong.
The only plus to this place is that the food in the restaurant is actually pretty good. But given the cleanliness of the rest of the hotel, I'm scared to know what the kitchen looks like.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Renointhenorth
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I will never go back!
The room was filthy! Walking on the carpet was like walking on gravel! The bathroom was gross! Pee on the seat of the toilet, hair and dirt on the floor! The walls where all covered with dirty water splash marks!
This hotel should be reported to the Department of Health!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family