Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed July 1, 2018
Ashlee A
Salem, Illinois
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful visit with the owner and his daughter the winds were all excellent thoroughly enjoyed them bought a half a case will be back next year winds were excellent their knowledge of their wines and vineyard was very very good wonderful time highly recommended

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Spent the day at MH while my teenagers were at Holiday World. It's only 4 miles from HW. Sampled 4 wines. They allow 6. Super friendly. Gave me a cheese board and know to use. Bought one of each signature wines, white and red. The grape flavor is so delicious. The patio is large and welcoming. Bathrooms are clean and the inside is big enough. The view of the grapevines is my favorite. I feel like every winery should have grapes. The water view would be pretty if the lake had a fountain turning the water over. It's pretty mossy on top. That's my only suggestions. The bartender was super kind and I'd go back.

Date of experience: July 2018
3  Thank Ashlee A
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Went with my mom, aunt, and cousin. Went for the 6 free samples, left with 4 bottles and a wine glass. Beautiful area, if I lived closer, I’d be there more often, sitting outside on their patio, sipping on wine and taking in the serene landscape.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

We visit this Winery when we are in Southern Indiana. They are very welcoming, they always give kids juice boxes prior to their parent tasting. Outdoor seating area is beautiful as is the inside area. The wines are all great quality from nice dry selections to the sweet varieties. You feel like a part of the family when you are at Monkey Hollow. Worth the trip off the beaten path to visit this Southern Indiana Winery. Can't wait for the Distilled Spirits to be released!

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank RockwoodTravel
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

This was our third trip to our favorite winery in Southern Indiana, but the first time we stayed and enjoyed music on the patio. The weather was perfect for relaxing and taking in the scenery. You can bring your own food to create your own picnic with their purchased wines, which several groups did. The winery offers blocks of cheese and sausage and various pretzel type snacks for purchase which we opted to do. About 5 pm they offered grilled hamburgers and baked bean platters for sale which we also purchased. This was a Saturday evening and I understand they offer this option when they have a live music event. All the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
Very casual atmosphere and generous wine tasting. It was getting crowded on this Labor Day Weekend, but we've also visited when we've been the only ones there. Love their wines, with the fruit flavors as our favorite. Try the Mango!

Date of experience: September 2016