“Could be better”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Could be better”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Been twice for lunch! Lunch and dinner menu fit on a 5x7 card. Not a good sign. Food average! Was not crowded but servers slow and not friendly or helpful! Place is cool but that's the best thing about it!

1 Thank 1tinsoldier

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Nyesville, Indiana, United States
“Big town saloon in small town”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Thirty-Six Saloon is a landmark in Rockville. It has grown into a great watering hole with food. Management has steadily improved the decor and atmosphere that I would put up against any big city same type venue. Now it's time to work on the menu! I love to go and have a beer but would appreciate a little better quality to the menu. Just notch it up a bit--a better quality ribeye sandwich (not the paper thin current one). How about a "fresh" salad, something fresh and fun? And, I really really really would like a little dessert---shooters would be perfect!
If you want somewhere to go, have a sandwich, drink a beer or two, this is a great place to head for.

• Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Great steak”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good all round atmosphere. The rib eye steak was pretty good too? We enjoyed the service and the relaxing atmosphere.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mmfenton
Rising Sun, Indiana, United States
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Turkey Run State Park Inn for our anniversary. The Inn Guide listed an ad for the Thirty Six Saloon as a local restaurant to visit. They advertised steak dinners so we decided to give it a try. Our waitress at Pizza Hut the night before was a local and also reccommended we have dinner there. The restaurant has three bars and several large dining areas for family dining. The decor is rustic with lots of preserved animals hanging in the rafters. Lots of local families were dining the same time we were which impressed us. The steaks we had were wonderful and the dinner came with a salad, baked potatoe and garlic bread. My only disappointment was the salad only consisted of lettuce, tomatos and croutons. For the price we paid a few more veggies and cheese would have made me rate the dinner higher. The service was good and we munched on peanuts (shells are thrown on the floor) while waiting for our food. I would visit again if we stay at the park in the future.

Peoria, Illinois
“Unexpected GEM !!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to Rockville to explore the Covered Bridges. What we didn't expect was the most wonderful saloon, one block from our motel, Parke Bridge, also pretty awesome. We can't say enough good things about the saloon. Large and spacious inside with great decor to look at. The staff was above and beyond and the food was fabulous. Rockville has several festivals during the year so if you are there during this time, you should expect to wait. They also have an outdoor open area that is great. A covered area where the bar is, an area next to that with tables and umbrellas with a big rock fireplace open on both sides. While we were there they were also building another area for a band stand, dance floor and more bathrooms. All 3 areas are outside and connected by beautiful wood flooring and decor. The grand opening for the outside area is in Sept. 2012. I happened to overhear one customer say to his dinner companion that was complaining about the wait (about 20 minutes) "if you want the Ritz, go to the Ritz!! I will stay right here". I agree, I would LOVE to have something even remotely compared to Thirty-Six Saloon in Central Illinois.

• Visited August 2012