“Unexpected GEM !!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to Rockville to explore the Covered Bridges. What we didn't expect was the most wonderful saloon, one block from our motel, Parke Bridge, also pretty awesome. We can't say enough good things about the saloon. Large and spacious inside with great decor to look at. The staff was above and beyond and the food was fabulous. Rockville has several festivals during the year so if you are there during this time, you should expect to wait. They also have an outdoor open area that is great. A covered area where the bar is, an area next to that with tables and umbrellas with a big rock fireplace open on both sides. While we were there they were also building another area for a band stand, dance floor and more bathrooms. All 3 areas are outside and connected by beautiful wood flooring and decor. The grand opening for the outside area is in Sept. 2012. I happened to overhear one customer say to his dinner companion that was complaining about the wait (about 20 minutes) "if you want the Ritz, go to the Ritz!! I will stay right here". I agree, I would LOVE to have something even remotely compared to Thirty-Six Saloon in Central Illinois.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Cannot go wrong here, food and drinks, indoor/outdoor service. Very nice setup, lots to look at, free in shell peanuts., friendly staff, large enough for groups to eat together.

1  Thank WHY157
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food was good average pub fare. The atmosphere was great. The beer was very good. It was packed when we were there and it took a while to get our food but that was understandable with such a crowd. The wait staff were very good!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I had been to the Thirty-Six Saloon during the Covered Bridge Festival, held the second and third weekends in October. I'd advise NOT to go then if you're looking for a nice relaxing meal. However, that's just ten days out of the year. Besides, there are plenty of other things to see in Rockville during those days, like tons of food vendors with more tons of food, some you've probably never tried.
NOW, back to our experience with the Thirty-Six Saloon: this time we went on a Saturday night. There was some kind of alumni thing going on, but still the waitress frond us and treated us like we were there for old home week... we weren't. The service was fast, the food delicious and the ambience was wonderful. We weren't sure of whom the alumni consisted of. Must have been people who had moved away coming back for a weekend. Regardless, there were people there of all ages so it gave the appearance that everyone was welcome, even us.
The double cheeseburger I ordered had just enough grease in it to make my wife tremble watching me eat it. The fires were seasoned, which is not my favorite, but I bet I could have gotten them regular had I asked. I will next time. The wife's rib eye sandwich was "good", albeit thin but tasty.
All in all, we will definitely return.
Thank you for allowing us in near closing time, although I don't think the crowd was ready to leave, anyway!

1  Thank steve47834
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Gone there for years. Each year has gotten little worse. Just there Sunday waitress was rude as hell. Empty restaurant but wanted our table for a reservation. Food has also gone down hill. Guess larger doesn't necessarily make for better