“Don't stay here!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I traveled here over the Memorial Day weekend and was very dissatisfied with the service I received from Housekeeping. Housekeeping did not clean our room the next day. And what I mean by that is that our trash was not taken out, no toliet paper replaced, and the king bed was made up with the price tags of my new clothing still in the bed. When I complained at the front desk that day the nice lady on duty stated "It probably wasn't cleaned due to we have new maids but I'll give you a trash bag to put your trash in. Wow! So upon check out I asked to speak with the GM and the nice lady at the desk stated she will not be in till 3pm. So I told her my complaint and she gave me the GM's business card to contact later. Well, I contacted her and she had the nerve to state that the housekeepers don't clean up the Hide-a-Bed's and if they don't know what to trash or not they don't touch it. But remember what I stated above was the obvious. Then she preceeds to state we broke a chair and crammed a chocolate bar in the sofa and it took 3 people to clean the room and one was her. But the thing is when we checked out they were cleaning the room then because while I was at the front desk complaining the Housekeeper brought me my shoes I had left and remember they said GM wouldn't be there until 3pm. And did I mention there was a Traveling Baseball Team(young kids) on our end! So I asked to have the Owners and she said No they don't want to be involved. What kind of owners are they? And she said and I quote " Good Luck on finding out who they are!" If the GM(Danielle [--]) is acting like this I can only imagine how the Owners are and I guess this would explain the Housekeeping staff and their service level. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone back to Santa's Cottages where I stayed last year. And Yes I have been traveling to Holiday World for the past 3years and I have never experienced any service like this. Good Luck if you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Princess1070
GM-IN214, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

As the General Manager of this Comfort Inn & Suites, I am writing in response to this guest’s comment about our hotel. Princess 1070 did stay over Memorial Weekend and checked out on Monday, May 31. Before leaving on Monday, she did express her frustrations about unsatisfied housekeeping service from May 30. As she stated, she did speak to a lady at the front desk, and she did give the guest my business card so that she could contact me later.

After Princess 1070 checked-out, two of our hotel owners, our housekeeping supervisor, and another housekeeper all went to her room to help clean it. They reported to me that the desk chair had been broken. The housekeeping supervisor also found a chocolate bar mashed into the sofa-bed mattress, and blue drink spilled all over the nightstand.

Princess 1070 contacted me on Friday, June 4. She explained her disappointment in the housekeeping service she received. Her main complaint was that the housekeeper did not throw away clothing price tags. I explained to her that the housekeeper may have had reservations about throwing away the tags, in case the guest wanted to return the clothes, or keep the tags. Then she said the tags were made up in the bed. I had no explanation for why that would have happened, but informed her that we did have a few new housekeepers, but still apologized for that occurring.

I did tell her about the damages that were found in her room, but she completely denied knowing anything about the chair being broken or the candy bar. She did acknowledge having the blue drink.

I felt that Princess 1070 did not receive the level of service that our hotel is known for. I apologized immensely and offered a full refund for her stay. Her reply was that she “was not looking for a hand out, and she drove a Land Rover”. I asked her how I could make up for her dissatisfaction, and her reply was that we needed a better training program for our housekeeping staff. I agreed to pass on her incident to housekeepers in hopes that this situation never happened again. I invited her to stay with us again to see that her comments and suggestions were used constructively and to improve customer service to all of our future guests.

GM-IN214

Reviewed July 20, 2009

[FYI - I'm a 7~8 of 10 in the "pickiness" scale]
I visit nearby business. Most often stayed in Owensboro or Evansville - but found this hotel a solid alternative. "Passed all tests" of basic comfort, cleanliness, & value (e.g., see under rim sink photo) despite being frequented by industrial contractors. One significant gripe for me is small desk for working. Attached photos will help tell story. Breakfast is basic-but free. Some decent restaurant choices in nearby Rockport. I especially enjoyed food at Los Panchos (Mexican restaurant) with railroad caboose attached to it just inside town to the south of restaurant. I'll be back...

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank mechcr8r
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel was very clean. It is nice to stay at an extremely clean hotel every once and awhile. The staff was friendly. I asked about area restaurants, and they gave me a map with all the stops. They were very prepared and informative. We were there visiting Holiday World and we will come back next year!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2009

All the employees were the cleanest and nicest people. I let the family go to Holiday World and stayed at the hotel to relax all day. I'm staying here again soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2008

this is a very nasty and filthy hotel . the pool was cold like ice not heated like it was supposed to be . plus there were roaches in the rooms and you were unable to leave with out changing reservations
room was reserved two nights and because we decided to go to a different hotel and they are now charging a comforter to me because my son got sick on the blanket , i am being charged on it a charge of 125.00 just for a stupid comforter

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank homeperson2
GM-IN214, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

As the General Manager of this Comfort Inn & Suites, I am writing in response to this guest’s comment about our hotel. As we are a 2010 Choice Hotel Gold Hospitality award winner, I can assure future guests that this was an unfortunate, isolated incident.
When the guest reported that she felt the pool was to cold, our maintenance technician checked the temperature of the water. It was at 85 degrees, the correct temperature that our hotel pool is set on.
The guest requested to check out one day prior to their original reservation. We did honor the guest’s request; however, the guest had booked a prepaid, non-refundable reservation on a third party website. Because the reservation was booked through a third party, we could not refund her money as she requested. Such a request would have to be fulfilled by the third party that she booked through.
After her check-out, housekeeping went to clean the room that she had occupied. Because the housekeeper noticed a soiled comforter, she requested that I come in and look at the damage. After washing, the soiled area had discolored a large portion of the comforter. I called the guest to inquire about the damage, and she did say that her son vomited on the comforter. I explained to her that because I did not feel that this comforter should be used any longer for future guest stays, I would have to charge her for the damages. I did offer to give the comforter to her, but she refused.
It is out hotel’s policy that Customer Service and Guest Satisfaction is our top priority. I can confidently express that this was an unfortunate and remote incident. Thank you for the opportunity to explain this situation and allowing me to respond to this guest’s comments on our Comfort Inn & Suites.
Respectfully,
GM-IN214

Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed at this hotel just this past weekend and it was great.
The location is a bit out of town (no problem on my part), but stores and restaurants are just right down the road.
The facility, rooms and pool were new and the kids (us too) LOVED the hot tub :)
Breakfast was yummy. Good variety to choose from and everything got cleaned up and refilled right away.
If we're going that direction again, we will definitely stay at this hotel again !

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 17, 2007

This is a brand new hotel located in middle of nowhere. It sits just off of the Ohio river next to a massive power plant. I guess this was built for power plant executives, contractors, and summer waterpark tourist. The customer service here was above average, and all of my room request were met. I asked for a room with a fridge on the 3rd. floor, and it was granted. I asked to use the pool & jacuzzi after hours...granted. I just can't say enough positive about the staff. This entire hotel is kept spotless. Food options after 9pm are EXTREMELY limited. Someone recommended a ham & cheese sandwich from the little pizza place (Angelo's) about 3 minutes away, and it was the best, and only cost $3, and came with fresh chips and a pickle, they are open till midnight I think.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ProfessionalTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Comfort Inn
Ramada Limited Tell City
Ramada Limited Tell City
#2 of 3 in Tell City
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Owensboro/Waterfront

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!