Review Highlights

Reviewed October 26, 2017
oakley1319
Evansville, Indiana
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2018

We enjoyed our visit. The video recreation of Abraham Lincoln's boyhood was very informative. The ground are easy to walk.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

I have drove by this museum many times. Today, my daughter and I, decided to stop in and view the museum. I was very impressed. There were several pieces inside the museum that the volunteer said the Smithsonian has been trying to acquire. There are some great local pieces as well as Lincoln Artifacts inside. In the back area, there is a small town of cabins and buildings. The Kentuckian movie was filmed here. There is also a neat civil war exhibit on display. Take the time to visit this hidden gem. They only take cash.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Have been here several times. The Museum is really nice but my favorite is the living farm as it would have been during Lincoln's day. People dressed in period attire tending the farm and working in the cabin to talk with guests as you look around. Kids and adults will both like it. Don't miss out hiking at the state park across the highway while you're here.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed June 25, 2016

Abraham Lincoln spent his formative years in the Rockport area of Indiana. Not too many people know this. My ancestors are from Rockport and this trip to see the area was exciting. Any one interested in studying Lincoln shoud spend some time here. The museum and "village" is typical, needs some money to keep up, but has some really unique and special items on display. GO!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Ruth L
Reviewed March 16, 2016

We visit once or twice a year. Always enjoy the history of the place. A short drive takes you to the spot on the Ohio river were Lincoln departed on his flat boat trip.

Date of experience: October 2015