“My favorite of the 3 Indiana/Ohio river casinos”

Rising Star Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rising Sun
Frankfort, Kentucky
“My favorite of the 3 Indiana/Ohio river casinos”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I usually visit this casino/hotel once a month or so to decompress between trips to & from KY and Cleveland. Its quiet, cozy and quaint. Its safe and secure. Its staff are friendly and try to please. Its not the biggest or newest place but its clean and well kept. The smoking issue continues to come up when talking about casinos, which are the last places left for smokers to enjoy a smoke. I say...its a casino! I enjoy being "allowed" to smoke, have a cocktail and gamble all at the same time! Nonsmoker have the entire rest of the public indoor world..give us a break! Anyway, the newly remodeled rooms are nice. The pool area is very nice and relaxing. I love the view of the riverboat casino all lite up at night. Its just a pretty, relaxing, peaceful place in my opinion. Most anytime I've made a special request, the staff does their best to fulfill it and if they can't, I appreciate that they tried.

Room Tip: River view rooms are the nice at night when the boat is all lite up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank LEESTOWN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here Saturday May 25. First time in a renovated room, nice amenities, everything really clean. Love the bed and new TV on the wall makes for more room on the dresser. Would like better lighting and mirrors for putting on makeup. A sink outside of the bath area would be nice.
Updated menu at the Pub for dinner, always good food. Seems all of the staff were trying harder to please, going out of their way to say hello and ask if we needed anything. Had the Breakfast buffet in the morning, Lots to choose from and fresh, even though we went towards the end.
Spent a little time at the Casino, again nice staff and clean. Was surprised by how uncrowded it was for a Saturday night on a holiday weekend, made it not too smokey. Slots were tight, people at tables not too friendly. I sort of felt like I was intruding as I wasn't a regular. Nice to have $5 table games tho. Didn't lose quite so fast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank madonna_45432
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary and the room was really nice and clean, bed was comfortable, and service staff was very nice.
We also had the buffet with our package and the food was excellent!
We are going again this month

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank joesoup1972
Dayton OH
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We books a room over three weeks in advance and asked for a non-smoking room. We were told that they would not guarantee room type (our mistake in not realizing that it also meant smoking vs non-smoking). When we arrived (after a three hour drive) no non-smoking rooms were left so we had to take a smoking room. This smoking room smelled worse than the casino. I cannot believe that they made any attempt to freshen the room. I have had to stay in smoking rooms before, however, this was the worst ever. When I got home I had to was everything that I owned including the overnight bag and a small cosmetic bag that I carry.

I frankly don't understand why I cannot be given assurance that I am getting a non-smoking room if I book three weeks in advance. Just because I arrived after someone else does not make their request more important than mine. It should be first come first served.

As others have said the rooms are dated but being upgraded. The casino is smaller but we like it that way. The casino itself is not that smokey.

I will not stay there again and since I pass three casinos on my way there I will go to one of them.

Room Tip: Don't expect a non-smoking room even if you book one.
9 Thank momtwinsmm
Union, Kentucky
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel several times a year. We always have a pleasant experience. The best customer service we have experienced. All of the employees we have encountered have been polite, courteous and helpful.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. On our most recent trip we had a room with a river view. There was a refrigerator,couch, coffee in the room and wi-fi.

There are several restaurants and a buffet. The buffet is ok, but some of he dishes are bland.

There is a fitness room. Also, located next to it is a nice heated pool, a hot tub and a sauna. Good changing area right there so you don't have to walk to the pool in your suit.

The casino itself has plenty of video poker machines, slots and table games. A large non-smoking area too.

2 Thank daytonky
Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a nice and clean hotel. The staff is very friendly and it is nice to be on the grounds of the casino. This hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub that are handicap accessible and makes it nice for a winter trip. It also has a sauna and well equipped exercise room. In the warmer months you can enjoy the golf course which is adjacent to the hotel. The only complaint I would have is that the room smelled slightly smokey for a non smoking room. They also have free valet parking.

ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel has very nice rooms. Very clean and comfortable.
The employees at the front desk are very friendly and helpful.
You can enjoy Skyline Chili, if you like in the food court..
The casino is rather small, which you may prefer.

Room Tip: It seems liket all the rooms are very nice.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rising Sun
#12 of 28 in Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence

Been to Rising Star Casino Resort? Share your experiences!