“Rooms are dated”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rising Sun
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Rooms are dated”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I love this Casino but will never again stay in a room there. The rooms are old, and even on a Thursday check-in we had to wait until almost 7 PM before they had a room ready for us. The window was so dirty we couldn't see the river from it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank veggieblonde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
lancaster,ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2012

For years now, for my birthday, my husband would take me to your Riverboat. We would use the free night stay coupons for sundays night that you would send us. Now, on Sundays the rooms are not free. Sunday is the only night that we can stay do to work. I have always loved this time together with my husband on my birthday. I guess this birthday i can spend our money on some thing else.I am so unhappy!!!!!
D. Wohrer
Lancaster,Ohio

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here, decent clean rooms, nice pool/hot tub area and friendly staff. We ate the buffet which is isnt the best but ok, not worth almost $20/pp though :/

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amberlee W
st. louisville, oh
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent two nights after Christmas at what is now called the Rising Star Casino ( was called Grand Victoria). This is one of my favorites casinos and hotels. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very polite and friendly. The indoor pool and workout area is great. The town has some nice antique shops and resturants also if you want to venture out of the hotel. The casino is small and noticed many new machines have been added. Saw many people winning and didn't do too bad myself. I would definately stay here and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kim c
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Hotel was clean and we slept well, its a nice place to get away to for a weekend and do some casino slot time or 3 card poker1
A very nice Buffet ands let me tell you those slots are NOT tight, we love the slots here have won some good money :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sonyacm
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Now Rising Star.This is still my favorite casino in Indiana.My last visit my room was comped so I'm not complaining about anything except as a smoker of course I book a smoking room and the room reeked of cigarettes more than I think it should but otherwise clean and friendly staff.I enjoy just getting away for the night and this is perfect.I'm fond of the casino it's my favorite that I've been to so far in IN.Great rates during weekdays and winter months.The buffett is better than other unmentioned casino buffetts.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah G
Centerburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We went to the Grand Victoria casino on Aug.13th 2011 for our Anaversary. We have gone the last 3 yrears. Unfortunatly this will be our last. We stayed at the hotel and it was not very clean. The sheets are the tuck in kind so when you wake in the morning you are on the matress. Yuck! The comps are not what they use to be and the whole upper floor of the casino was closed off. Not very clean either. Staff was not very friendly. It could have been worse I guess. Did not see any roaches. Could use alot of updating. Hopefuly when it turns into Rising Star it will be nice again. These casinos will be having a hard time after they open the new casinos in Columbus and Cincinatti Ohio. I would suggest people wait to go to the Rising Star to see if it improves.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#11 of 28 in Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence

Been to Rising Star Casino Resort? Share your experiences!