“Very disappointed that the restaurant, pub was closed and overgrown by weeds and rooms were outdated and old!”
Review of The Courtyard - CLOSED

The Courtyard
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Only thing this place has going for it is the view of Ohio River. It was overgrown by weeds and the courtyard itself had old plastic tableclothed tables in a mosquito infested overgrown weed garden:( Inside Room #5 found old outdated furnishings with an old broken coffee maker:( Restaurant and Pub were permanently closed which left nothing invitingin the area for dining:( Casino nearby has a new hotel but we wanted a quiet romantic getaway. It was quiet because no one else was there on Saturday night:( I would suggest going on down the river to Belterra Casino. It's obvious the owners have list the passion and money to maintain this once nicely appointed venue:(

• Visited June 2014

Dunnellon, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place, convenient and reasonable”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Courtyard, staff is always helpful and friendly, and great view of the river. We go every year for the Bean Festival, quaint small town festival, with good entertainment. We had a (2) bedroom suite this year that we shared with our friends. It had everything we needed and more, although it definitely could stand some updating, for the price it was unbeatable. Back door opens out onto the courtyard where there is outside dining. We have eaten at the Underground Pub several times and always had great service and good food. I always look forward to the Stuffed Mushrooms, and their Filet Mignon is some of the best I've ever had. A short walk to town and also the casino or they will call a shuttle to take you there. All around, this is a great place to stay, we will definitely be back next year, or maybe before.

• Visited October 2012
Indiana
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We take a 200i mile road trip at least twice a year along the eastern Indiana/Kentucky portion of the Ohio River. Destination? A Monterey Chicken Sandwich and fries at the Courtyard. Great ride, great food, wonderful history.

Greenfield, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The outdoor atmospere was really nice. Tables in a courtyard with live music and umbrellas. The food was a little less than average. I do feel like my marinated chicken came out of a freezer box. You just don't get not one but two perfectly sized totally flat chicken breasts that aren't in shrink wrap. Otherwise, it was pleasant and the servers were nice. I would appreciate fresh food though. I can throw meat in a microwave.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank penny585
Georgetown, Kentucky
“This place has a little bit of everything!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I liked the fact that there is an inn right above the restaurant and this place kept me from needing a cab! I was able to rent a room at a great rate and get some dinner and drinks. When I was ready to leave I had an excellent view of the river. When I was ready to go gamble there was a shuttle ready to pick me up and take me to the casino! The chicken salad sandwich is awesome!

Visited April 2011