“I would go Back !”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I would go Back !”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at Rising Star Casino and Resort Oct 14th.

They have remodeled many rooms and being on the third floor our room was finished. It looked so nice. They have really updated their rooms.

This staff does an exemplary job of making everyone feel as if they are special.
We took advantage of the Breakfast Buffet and it was quite good.

They are building an additional building and adding 100 hotel rooms. Good for them because they are been booked up when we were in the area. They can use the additional hotel rooms.
The casino itself is smaller than casinos in Vegas etc… but they are just as nice. Various slot machines and this casino has ‘real’ dealers at the blackjack tables. Until Indiana Grand which only has machine blackjack. Glad to see ‘real’ dealers at Rising Star Casino.

They also have Bingo which looked like it was worth the effort but I was unable to play. Might the next time I am in town.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nancee H

Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“No Grand Victoria here...Abandon all hope.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This casino WAS alot of fun and value for the money..when it was Grand Victoria Casino
Now it has been sold and renamed Rising Star Casino.
This place looks similar but the place stinks ....literally.
Stale cigarette smoke lingers (BTW I smoke)
It is temperature HOT or freezing cold.
The slots are outdated and not cared for with some brand new ones looking really out of place
The payout is very, very tight.
Beltrrra is the Best Bet.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Eddie D
Cincinnati, Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Used to be a great place”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have travelled to this venue many times over the last 10 years as it is considered local to my area. The last three times we have visited have been on a weekend and the place is so understaffed that we could not find a black jack table to play at. We were there the first Saturday in August at 5:00 PM and they had 3 blackjack tables open with full seats. A pitiful showing for what could be a busy weekend. I played a few slots and after $300.00 in wondered when I was going to experience the "loosest slots in Indiana"?
There was no line at the buffet on a Saturday night which is a sure sign something is amiss at a venue. We left within an hour and will likely never return as this is the third lack luster experience we have had there. We almost long for the days when the place was the Grand Vic. It was much easier to find a table and a good dinner!

7 Thank Neutralatbest
Harrison, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fair Play”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice place to stay, food good and there are some fast foods there also.
Fair play because they do have loose slots.
Become a reward player and get great benefits.

1 Thank Rick S
Louisville, Kentucky
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great golf/lodging/casino”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The casino was fairly small, but not very crowded. The buffet was better than average. The service throughout was excellent. The slots were moderately loose. The golf course was wonderful and if played prior to 0830 very inexpensive. The bottom floor of the casino was non smoking and I could detect very little smoke unlike most other casinos. In general, my wife and I had a very delightful trip to the casino (oh yes, the view of the Ohio was also pleasant).

2 Thank Stephen C