“Great buffet, good casino”
Review of Rising Star Casino

Rising Star Casino
Louisville, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great buffet, good casino”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The buffet on Mondays is half price. I was amazed that I got a great view of the river, great food and outstanding service for $7. The casino video poker machines were good also. They were loose compared to some of the other casinos in the area.

Visited October 2012

Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Not Las Vegas, but doesn't pretend to be!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My S.O. and I traveled to the Rising Star casino for the weekend because his son was playing in a band at the casino. We were only able to book one night because they were completely booked for the second night due to a concert in their theater. We arrived at about 4 in the afternoon and were able to check in immediately and go to our room. The decor was average hotel room decor. It could use a little refreshing, but it was clean and everything worked, so it was okay. I did notice that the light blocking draperies didn't go all the way across the window, which I thought was a little odd, but since we didn't plan to sleep all day, it was okay.
The casino had all the different types of machines that people like to play and I had a nice streak of luck, so I was happy about that! I don't like that you have to play $4 to get 1 point--there's a casino not far from my home in PA and you earn a point for every dollar you play. I guess the comps are few and far between for frequent players there!
We ate at the buffet for breakfast and I thought it was good. There was a wide selection of food available and only a very picky person would be disappointed with the choices. My food was hot and the staff were friendly. We had a great view of the river from our table and our waitress stopped by several times to make sure we were okay.
We also had pizza one evening and it was really good. The food and drinks in the pub were very good, too, and very reasonably priced.
All the staff that we dealt with were friendly. The only rude person was encountered by my S.O.'s son--the bartender was rude when he asked for a pitcher of water for the band.
Overall, we had a good time and if I ever had to be in the area again, I would stay there and gamble there.

Visited September 2012
Springfield, Ohio, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Couples Getaway”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

food cold at buttet , beds hard as bricks. Dont recommend the hotel at all . Employees were nice though .

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best casino in the area !”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I prefer Rising Star over any other casino in the area and I have been to them all. The place is usually clean, most of the workers are friendly (some of the security folks should be more cordial as you walk in). Hotel is nice. Resturants are above average. Selection of gambling is varied. Perks are outstanding ! Some people knock the place for having more wheel chairs, scooters and breathing apparatus then any other place which may be accurate. However, geezers and wheezers like to gamble too (LOL). The only thing I question is if they have a dress code as sometimes I see folks that look like they just got off their construction or mechanic job. Nothing wrong with anyone who works but clean up a bit. The place will be there for another half hour.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank bigrick58
Verona, Kentucky
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Rising Star Casino Indiana”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

On June 30th my husband & I along with 9 other people went to Rising Star for a Sea Food Buffet dinner to learn that the seafood buffett night was no longer on a friday & saturday it is now on thursday & friday, well if it had not have been for the other 9 people who where with us we would hae walked out. There was family who had driven from Xeniia ohio here as well as friends from KY ...

There was also another large party there fron Dayton,Ohio now if this Casino had at least notified one member for each house hold on their players club card we would have not been in this situatiion on our 28the Anniversory and the otehr 2 parties would not have been dis appointed as well............ for $26.00 each I could have had a better meal somewhere else so I wont be back to rising Star I will go to one of the other casinos I pass up to get to rising star. And drive less the miles from KY............

Visited June 2012