“Great Place”
Review of Casino at Grand Victoria - CLOSED

Casino at Grand Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Dockside casino offers more than 40,000 square feet of gaming fun including 39 table games and more than 1,500 slot machines all in ship-shape condition.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I took a bus trip to Grand Victoria which included an overnight stay. The casino is a stationary riverboat and it is small but I loved it. They have nickel video poker and keno which I love to play. Not many tables but they were $5 all day and all night. We got 2 free buffets with our trip and the Buffet restaurant is very well organized and the food was good. The hotel is nice, not 4 star and older but very clean and that's what's important. Everyone there was very friendly, as well. They even have free entertainment in the lobby. My hubby and I love the smallness of the casino and will go back again albeit it was a long bus ride.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

May was my first trip there since the new owners took over and I saw some great improvements. First, the casino was way, way cleaner than I've ever seen it! It certainly looked more like a Vegas casino. The entertainment in the lobby was outstanding. The sound system must have gotten a complete overthaul because I could hear the piped in music in the casino and it was great. The cocktail waitresses were doing a great job of covering the floor and taking orders. Sure, I haven't been called for a drawing BUT they are offering drawings periodically that give everyone just one chance instead of the hundreds high rollers usually get. We're going back again this weekend for 3 nights and we're excited. They do offer $2 and $3 draft beer specials now. They really seem to be striving to offer an entertaining and pleasant gambling experience. I really like that their TV ad also promoted Rising Sun which is a charming little river town. There's a lot of potential here.

1  Thank awomansopinion
Reviewed September 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I were in Rising Sun for an arts festival and decided to head to the casino for a few hours on a Friday night.

We walked into the Casino entrance (not the hotel lobby) and were greeted by an Elvis impersonator singing at the bar located in the lobby. We were cracking up - a middle aged impersonator with the jumpsuit on and all. We listened to a few songs - fascinated by the fanatical and dancing 'fans' and large amount of people there to see him.

After Elvis, we headed into the hall of the casino, which is a riverboat - so not only is it space limited, but you have to literally cross over into "the river" to get onto it. We were carded before you hit the river, by a friendly security staff.

The casino-boat is gaudy as so many art, with high chandelier ceilings and busy faux-rococo style carpeting and design. We walked around the tables, then headed to the slots on the second, first, and third floors. We roamed around randomly, spending bits of money (we did $20 total) at random machines.

The penny slots were the busiest, and if you have ever been to a casino, you know that people camp out (unlike the previous reviewer), so you make your way around and have fun playing 'mind tricks' with the regulars and such.

We did have one machine refuse to give us our token ticket, so we called security who hastily and politely arrived to hook us up. We also had a beer each, which was moderately priced for a domestic and the waitress was delightful.

The casino has a nice variety of games - slot and table - but if you are looking for a less crowded casino this is not your ideal space.

The following night Creedence CLearwater Revisited (minus-Fogerty) performed outside for free, which we could hear from our hotel!

Overall a find and typical experience for a riverboat casino.

1  Thank Sarah S
A TripAdvisor Member
5939 lincoln st,friendship indiana
Reviewed May 5, 2006

my friends and i was at the grand vic casino last night for 6 hrs, not once did anyone come by to offer a drink, we finally had to leave our machines to ask where we could get some coffee, it was of course busy then trying to find a slot machine was difficult as some people were lpaying 2, my other friend was playing texas holdem poker waited 45 min as there was some playing at 2 tables at a time, going from one to the other ,if people are waiting ifeel that person should have to give up one spot to let someone else play, one left his chips in his place and went to play roulet then returned to his place at the table, sorry to say we wont be back,

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member