“Nice RV park”

Little Farm on the River
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rising Sun
Little Farm on the River
Kilgore, Texas
“Nice RV park”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the little farm on the river. Check in was great with friendly people. Sites that are river front are very level but do have standing water when it rains. Showers are not that great but ok. They are private but need to be updated. I did drive around the pond part of the park and these sites are not all as level but do have shade which the river side does not. We are here during the week so not much going on. Seemingly weekends are when everything gets going. Visit the creation museum. It is very close and has lots to see and learn.

Stayed June 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This week we took our first family vacation, the excitement was high. I saw this place advertised on the Creation museum website and saw some positive reviews on Google so thought it was going to be great. We got there in the dark, the lighting was almost non existent. We drove around twice trying to find our place. We could not see the road and accidently drove in an empty campsite and got stuck in thick mud. We had to trek through the mud with four little ones to the cabin. The lighting was so poor we could hardly see the road. Trying to avoid stepping in big puddles was almost impossible. The front light was not on. No emergency number was listed on their main line, in the cabin or on the front office door. I had to go through Facebook to get help getting our van out. I was surprised to find the upstairs beds were not made. The hand soap in the bathroom looked curdled. We ate the dinner we brought and my husband showered to get the mud off. The water turned ice cold half way through his shower. Then I pulled the bedding back on the main bed and found a bed bug perched on the pillow. I googled on my phone to verify it's identity. It was definitely a bed bug! We packed up and left immediately. The place was flooding, our shoes were soaked. They refuse to refund us. The lady who returned my call did not believe there were bed bugs even though I said I had photographed one. She said they couldn't grow to be apple seed size and since they hadn't had anyone stay there in a while bed bugs couldn't survive. A quick google search shows they are indeed appleseed size and can live for a year without a meal. She also tried to threaten me away from leaving an online review. Ugh. They charged us $128.94 which is huge for us. We didn't get into a new place until nearly 2am. Stay away from Cabin 93! I sure hope we didn't bring any bugs home! I didn't even ask for a full refund since we were on their premise for a few hours, but definitely felt they should have given us most of our money back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Kristina S

Travelers are raving about these Rising Sun hotels

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed visiting Little Farm on the River. The staff was gracious, friendly and helpful. It was a real treat for us to camp in this beautiful spot along the Ohio River.

This campground is divided into two areas. At one end of the road is the camp store/check in. This area also has the pool and pond. At the opposite end of the road is the boat ramp and sites along the river, where we stayed. In both areas, the sites are spacious. The level, gravel pads are surrounded by lush grass. There are night lights at each electrical hookup. The area is surrounded by cornfields, definitely a working farm. Looking over the fields, I felt like I had just entered the set of “Secondhand Lions”.

In our section, a building held a laundry room and five unisex lavatories. Each lavatory had a commode, sink and shower. The handicapped one was huge. The lavatories were older but always immaculate.

We highly recommend Little Farm on the River and plan to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently camped at Little Farm on the River. There were a lot of activities for the kids and my two had a blast and want to return as soon as possible. During the day there were crafts for the kids. At 6pm there was a costume contest followed by trick or treating around the camp. There are two sections to this camp; one on a small pond and the other near the Ohio River. A trailer took the kids between the two sections so they could trick or treat at both.

The staff was very helpful when I called for a reservation as well as during check in. I thought the playground could use some upgrading. It was very small and one piece of equipment was broken. We stayed in one of the rental cabins and it was clean, although the pictures on line make it look much larger. It met our needs for the weekend, but no way could I stay here much longer than that. We don't camp a lot so I don't have much to compare this place too, however, sites where I was seemed very crammed together and had the nieghbors kids almost on top of us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lawrenceburg, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just purchased our camper last year. We have camped here about 7 times last year (2012) Great place for families with kids. They have tons of activities for kids. Don't miss the month of October they all kids of Halloween activities for the kids and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orange Lake
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Little Farm for many years and have always been more than satisfied with the friendliness of the staff and owners. The view of the river is beautiful and very peaceful. During the month of October, our grandchildren expecially love the celebrations for Halloween. We will be heading there again shortly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Covington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We have been camping here since it opened.It is agreat place to camp.The River-view sites are the best.Roomy sites and of course,looking atr the river with boats and you never know what you will see on the Water.You won't regret camping here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel

Been to Little Farm on the River? Share your experiences!