“Galos Italian Grill”

Galo's Italian Grill
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent service - authentic Italian food - wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend for romantic dinner, Family Dining, Girl's Night Out or a Business function.

2  Thank Sharon C
There are newer reviews for Galo's Italian Grill

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times and have always left happy. The food is good and the service is decent. I would recomend gallos to anyone.

1  Thank Rotoman
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We took my mother-in-law here for Mother's Day. We called ahead and told them we had a party of 10, so they suggested we hurry over there and get in before the lunch crowd arrived. When we got there 20 minutes later, the place was suddenly full and while we waited for our table, I overheard the hostess say that they only took reservations for parties of 8 or more, which was never mentioned during our original phone call. 45 minutes later, we finally got a table, but instead of making sure everyone had a place to sit, they jammed us all around a table for 6. The waitress had trouble keeping up with drinks and service, and overall, the food was just bad. The menu is unimaginative--I would say we would do better at the Olive Garden in town than this place. There was nothing unique outside of the typical Italian food you could get at any Fazoli's (har har), and anything with a cream sauce tastes like it was boiled in milk. Save your money and go to the Olive Garden... seriously.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent decor in this restaurant that has a large circular seating area. The waitress was very attentive and the food was excellent. The meat sauce on the pasta had the right amount of meat and spices. The portion size was perfect, which I appreciate because many restaurants emphasize quantity over quality. My wife and i pass through Richmond often and we plan to stop again.

1  Thank ThomasO17
Reviewed April 21, 2013

During our annual trip to Richmond to attend the Basketweavers Convention, we always try to get to Galo's for at least one meal. They never fail to surpass our expectations. I had the mushroom ravioli with mushroom sauce and loved every bite. Another member of our group had the lobster ravioli in lobster sauce and raved about her dinner as well. My wife's chicken carbonnera was good, but not as good as our other courses.
Service was attentive and very pleasant. Reservations recommended on Saturday evening!