“Easy to locate, okay place”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
South Bend, Indiana
“Easy to locate, okay place”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel is right on Interstate 70 at the intersection of a state highway, so it's pretty easy to find. The facility doesn't look like much from the outside, although it apparently is undergoing some renovations. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly when I checked in. The hallways feel old and cheap, but the room itself was fine. Bed was comfortable, newer furnishings. The outside "storm" window to my room had been broken, which kind of creeped me out a bit, but nothing was insecure and there was no draft, so it was okay. They apparently were in the process of changing out the draperies, as while there was a small pull-across curtain (which was fine), there also was the housing/mounting brackets hanging empty from the ceiling where apparently a more elaborate curtain system had been or would soon be. Breakfast was provided and had a fair number of selections in the small but adequate dining room. For the price, a good value.

Room Tip: While I didn't have any problem, you might want to inquire about having a room which doesn't...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was traveling from Raleigh, NC to St. Paul, MN on business and stopped at this hotel after the drive started to get long. They were the only hotel in the area that had rooms available. I was surprised at how cheap the room was for how large it was. I thought it was very clean. The breakfast was really good. They don't have an elevator which was kind of an inconvenience, as I was on the second floor. I would definitely use this hotel again if I was ever in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor. This hotel doesn't have an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Spicer
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed here in the last 6 months as it is a half-way point between my home in MN and my east coast destinations. It is undergoing remodeling since August and bedding and some furniture have been upgraded. Soon there will be a new breakfast area, not in the lobby. The clerk told me that the owner is willing to invest in the property. The bed was comfortable. The 2 queen bed room was large but oddly arranged. The only chair was the desk chair and a large space along the wall was empty but there was a floor lamp! But I usually arrive late and just need to sleep. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy along with the usual cereals, etc. For a comfortable bed and a decent breakfast, the price is right!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Orrville, Ohio
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our stay was a brief one night, during our stay the heater in our room was under repair and Pam at the front desk was quick and thorough at upgrading us to a different room without charging us more. She along with the entire staff treated us with the highest regard and proved to be helpful during our stay. The a.m. front desk lady also helped us with finding a lost hat. The breakfast was better than most, and our room was quiet even tho the hotel is under rennovations. Whenever we are traveling across rt 70 again we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I decided to give this hotel a try during a weekend in which I was stranded in Richmond due to snow.

My first impressions of this place were poor. They are going through renovations and have very limited parking and access. When there is snow, this makes their parking situation worse, so much worse. Moreover, snow that had fallen days before still had not been adequately cleaned, and it was unclear where to park ... or enter.

There was a make-shift sign, spray-painted "Lobby -->" . This directed guests through a filthy hallway, with grime and litter, open ceilings, and lots of construction noise. Upon entering the hotel, the smell of stale, standing water is evident. There also were visible signs of water damage. When I inquired about this, I was met with disbelief.

I did check in. Went to my room, only to find that it was near this make-shift lobby door. Traveling alone and given a room at an unsecured & unmanned entrance & exit? That was enough right there - I had made my decision to leave the hotel. But I had to see the room.

They have tried & almost everything is new, but the condition of the room was unacceptable regardless. The window was cracked, the linens were torn, the lampshades were filthy, and the dust build up at the base boards was unacceptable. And then there was that smell of standing water ... and probably the mold that goes with it. And again, I was met with disbelief, although the signs & smells of water damage were unmistakable.

Needless to say, I did not stay. I do not recommend and I won't be back. I should have listened to others -- the new Holiday Inn in Richmond is the place stay in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank suebhoney

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Anderson
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I was worried about what to expect due to the GREAT price, but I am pleasantly surprised. We are here now and the room is very clean and modernized! Older hotel and doesnt look like much from the outside but lots of nice upgrades have been made. Nice art, comfortable bedding, spacious rooms and bathrooms. The indoor pool and hot tub are open longer than most hotels and that room is very clean we will be going in later today. The breakfast was very good; oatmeal, 3 kinds of cereal, hot eggs, sausage links, danishes, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, juice coffee and more. They are doing construction additions to the hotel directly next to our room that has been somewhat loud this morning, but it didnt start until after 9am, and I dont even really mind it because the rest of the experience so far has been so nice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Best Western Classic Inn
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!