“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Show Low, Arizona
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I'm an employee with BW and was traveling with my children. I got my employee discount and really the only thing bad that I can say about the place was that the pool was way too cold. The rest was great quiet & clean. I do wish they had fridges in the standard rooms, it would have been easier with my eight month old. Staff was excellent as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mommy2lexi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I spent one night at the Best Western Classic Inn on Christmas Eve. (There was no room at the relative's house this time.) There were very few guests in the hotel that night. We checked in about 3 p.m.

This hotel used to be a Hampton Inn, and it still looks like a Hampton from the decor. It's still up-to-date, clean, and everything worked and looked good. My room had a single king bed and a sitting chair with a footrest. The room itself was rather large. The hotel is just off US-40 (National Road) at I-70, so it has easy access to the highway.

The staff was friendly. I had no special needs, but someone was always available when I walked by.

I compared rates with other hotels in the Richmond area (including New Paris, OH, which is on the other side of I-70). This Best Western was not the lowest rate in the area, but it was affordable for the hotel class. I paid $71 for the night.

Overall, my stay was a good one. My rating is a high mark for me because I reserve a 5 rating for truly exceptional experiences. I would stay at the Classic Inn again. (CS)

• Liked — Friendly staff, well-kept facility
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerChriss
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Stayed here on our way to PA from IL and again on our way home. The first night's stay was much better than our return trip stay. The room we booked was a 2 queen bed room which was very nice and clean. The television reception is a little fuzzy in the room but not a big deal. The complementary breakfast is ok, and had biscuits-n-gravy, microwavable bkfst sandwiches, danishes, yogurt and fruit. The staff that takes care of filling up the buffet is the same person who mans the front desk so the buffet was a little lacking due to people checking out and the attandant not being able to refill the buffet for quite a while. The indoor pool is very nice and heated. It is not a huge pool but ranges from 3ft up to 5ft deep. On our way back, we called the motel directly and booked a room for the night thinking that it was nice on the way out, it should be fine. The room we got this time (201) looked as if it hadn't been used in a while. There was dust on the furniture and a couple small spiders in the bathroom. The spiders were nothing the freak out about, just little ones that come when a place is closed up fro a while. I did not like the bathtub/shower in this room. It seemed like it was worn down in the middle and I had to stand with my feet at an uncomfortable uphill angle on the sides in order to shower.

Overall, I would suggest staying at this motel, just try and avoid room 201.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Churchworker
Ladson, South Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed in a king bed hotel room. The bed was very comfortable and our room and hotel were very clean. It was very quiet as well. We did not get up earlier enough for the breakfast so I can not make a comment on that. We thought it was a great value for the price and would certainly stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The price and closeness to area I was traveling from.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SCjill
Celina
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Our room was clean and up to date. We're use to the newer comfort top mattresses some other hotels have but the mattress at this BW was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was about the same as other hotels with the sausage gravy, biscuits, english muffins, cereal but not the waffle maker. Still was enough there to have a decent breakfast.
We made our reservations on the Best Western website. With this BW, if you reserve a room with a 7 day advanced notice, you pay $5.00 less than the usual going price for a king bed. No frig, microwave but you do get an iron, ironing board and hair dryer.

• Liked — The room was clean and quiet surroundings.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2007

We usually avoid Best Westerns when travelling east of the Mississippi, but this property was a pleasant surprise. Room was clean and tidy, front desk efficient and helpful, breakfast was good and clean surroundings. It was particularly nice to know we were not sleeping in a room that had hosted a dog or cat the night before. This hotel has a no pet policy. For the traveller passing through and needing a good night's sleep in a decent property, I would recommend this hotel. (As we travelled east, we did notice all the hotels at the first Ohio exit seemed to be priced better - might be worth checking on some of those - it's only another 20 or 30 miles, if that.)

• Liked — Free of Animals
  • Disliked — Nothing to mention
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank JAMES O
Grand Rapids MIchigan
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Nice and very quiet location.

Front desk was very accomindating and friendly.

I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Liked — Friendly service
  • Disliked — No opinion
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Daryl H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#6 of 10 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Best Western Classic Inn? Share your experiences!