“Exceeded our expectations”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Missouri
“Exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Super clean modern rooms, comfortable, quiet, just what we were looking for. Wi if easy to access. Great shower. Plenty of channels on TV. Breakfast food nice and lady who worked there very sweet and helpful. In fact all the staff were friendly and competent. All in all , we would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
amy w, General Manager at Best Western Classic Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We appreciate the feedback provided above. On behalf of the staff and myself we say thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This location was a half way point on a long cross country trip. First off I would like to say that I am appreciative of the Best Westerns pet policy it is hard to find a good hotel that is always pet friendly. This location is also easy to find when exiting the highway however areas of the parking lot are not very well illuminated. Upon arrival we were greeted immediately and keys were ready the only issue found upon check-in was the state of the uniform worn by one of the front desk clerks. As an individual who works in the public eye it is necessary that a button up uniform shirt should be ironed and at least tucked in. However this was not the case ,which concerned me about what this location may also allow. But upon entering the room and checking it very thoroughly as I do in the three hundred rooms I stay in yearly for business and such I found this location to be as clean as to be expected and more clean then some other Best Westerns I have occupied. Through the night I found the hotel to be quiet and the train noise on the far side of the building was not an issue. The next morning around 9 am I along with other guests found ourselves wanting to enjoy the continental breakfast offered by this hotel. But upon arrival into the lobby we found that we had to grab and run as quickly as possible due to the fact that this specific hotel unlike the other many hotels I stay in yearly close their breakfast at 9 am. One of the reasons I believe they do this is because the morning front desk clerk is also the breakfast attendant. The front desk clerk is running around wildly with a cordless phone trying to snatch food from guests and take phone calls. In other locations they have two individuals for these jobs and it works much better. The main problem with this breakfast fiasco is that they apparently believe everyone should know this no one told any guest that the time was 9 instead of 10 I took a little survey from they other blindsided guests. All in all I would stay here again for another try but they have some things that need worked on in guest service.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your most recent feedback. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you received during your breakfast experience due to our staff shortage that day. It was very unfortunate that our breakfast attendants father suddenly passed away in the very late night hours which did not give us sufficient time to cover her absence. I am grateful that my staff stepped up in her absence and did their best to continue providing the service offered. We do have our breakfast hours posted in the lobby, my apologies that was not in a convenient area for you to view. I do appreciate you bringing that to our attention. I will definitely address that with the staff to assure each and every guest is advised at check in of our hours for breakfast as this is typically advised during the check in process to our hotel patrons. If there is anything further I can assist you with please feel free to contact me directly @ 765-939-9500
Naples, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Very good and would stay again if in the area. The service was very good. There was a railroad behind the hotel but we barely heard it at night sleeping. During the day when outside by the car it was very loud. But fortuantely, we love trains so it did not bother us. Breakfast was average but good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback and on behalf of the staff and myself we thank you for your business.
Rockville, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Friendly staff, good service. Breakfast better than we thought we would get. Always aviod the big cities / towns, look for the out of the way places. You get better prices and better service. This Best Western is a case in point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are very please to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our Classic Inn, we appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.
Stoughton, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel was very clean and looked nice when we pulled up. We had called ahead to say we would be late checking in and they had a room ready for us when we checked in. That was AWESOME! Room decor and TV were updated. Very nice to have a micro/frig in room. If we had stayed longer than just a quick overnight, this would have been great too. Breakfast selection was great! What we were provided was exactly what I consider a hot breakfast. The scrambled eggs and sausage gravy could have been warmer. I ended up putting mine in the microwave for a minute to heat up but it tasted good once it was hotter. Coffe was good. Room was updated and clean. Beds were very spongy and need to be replaced. It's not the quietest room I've stayed in but it certainly isn't the loudest either. I didn't really hear water running but you can hear people talking in the hallway. Outside noise was minimal too. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
amy w, General Manager at Best Western Classic Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay with Best Western Classic Inn. On behalf of the staff and myself we welcome you back anytime you are traveling thru the area.

Richmond, IN, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Excellent accommodations, very good location for sight seeing, if traveling with a canine companion, excellent place to stay, staff is pleasant and helpful. I would give high recommendation to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

amy w, General Manager at Best Western Classic Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review... on behalf of myself and my staff we wish you safe travels and a wonderful rest of the summer.

United States
Reviewed July 30, 2014

When we travel back East we always stay at this Best Western and we always feel welcome! The front desk are always cheerful and helpful. Breakfast is loaded with choices from fresh fruit and eggs to sweet rolls and waffles. Close to the highway and dinner choices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of the staff and myself we are so pleased to read your most recent review after staying at our location. The staff and I work very hard to assure our guests enjoy their stay and have clean and comfortable accommodations. I have personally been working extensively to improve our breakfast options and this review let's me know that our improvements are being embraced. Again, thank you for taking the time review our property.

Best Wishes,

Amy Witham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Richmond

Been to Best Western Classic Inn? Share your experiences!