“False Advertising. Does mot honor coupons.”
Review of Days Inn Richmond

Days Inn Richmond
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
“False Advertising. Does mot honor coupons.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I had a coupon for this hotel that I got from a rest area and planned my trip accordingly. They told me that they were out of coupon rooms and that a room costs 60 dollars. I asked how mamy coupon rooms do they usually have and was told. Very few.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I am surprised why this hotel has such a low ratings. We booked 8 rooms at this hotel. All rooms were Remodeled they have new beds (very comfy).The rooms were nice and clean we stayed 2 nights for family reunion. Housekeeping gave us our time and Front Desk was kind enough to have our rooms cleaned after we left for our special day (around 2pm) no other hotel will give you personal service like we had at Days Inn in Richmond. We are planing a get together this Christmas and have already Booked 5 Rooms here.Best of all you get good discounted rates for repeate Business.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Poor best sums up my experience at this motel. This is a older exterior corridor motel. Check in went ok, the special request I had was honored, but that was as good as it got. The room was decorated in nice decor, along with updated looking bedding. But as I started looking around it started going downhill. The room could use a good cleaning. There was a large chip missing out of the top of the toilet bowl tank (didn't cause a problem, just looked bad). The refrigerator was extremely dirty, and unplugged. I cleaned it with a washcloth, and plugged it in, it worked! Although I wasn't prepared to dust the room.

There didn't seem to be a lot of people staying in the motel, but around 11:30pm a bunch of youngsters checked into the room next door, they were not only loud, they spent a lot of time outside. I had to say something around 12:30am; they knocked it off after that. If they were another room down, I wouldn't have cared.

It’s now 8:22am, and there is a knock on the door from housekeeping looking to start their day early. I was still sleeping! Since I was awake, 8:50am I walked to the lobby for the "Free Daybreak Breakfast", oops....It’s gone. There was only Apple juice, bagels, and a couple sticky-buns left, nothing else. The front desk said a bus of school kids wiped them out this morning.

One last negative observation was as I was packing my car in the pouring rain. I noticed housekeeping opens all the room doors, and keep them open as they work in different rooms. I may not have taken notice if it was a warm sunny day, but the blowing rain was going into each room and with exterior corridors I though any bug can fly or crawl right in.

Anyway, there is worse motels, but they can improve a great deal! They seemed to have invested a good amout of money into the rooms, too bad they don't take care of them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,908 helpful votes
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We read the reviews and therefore asked for a quiet room in the rear away from the road and away from the raised railroad tracks nearby. Matthew the clerk was very helpful in getting us a room with 2 comfortable beds, 3 pillows each, a microwave and fridge--Roomsaver coupon for the weekend was $51. We had a great night's sleep and did not hear the trains at all. The bathroom had a deordorizer, a nice touch. CB was OK--nothing special--coffee/tea, 2 kinds of dry cereal, packaged 1/2 bagels and pastry. No fruit or hot items. Make sure to tell them about the safe charge, so they will deduct it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here on my own several days ago. The motel wasn't anything elegant but I did get a good night's sleep and the place was clean. The motel staff was also quite friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2011

1/25/11

HOTEL:
Days Inn-Richmond
5775 National Road East
Richmond, IN 47374

Once again the coupon book came through for us. At the Days Inn in Richmond, Sam behind the counter was super friendly and helpful. He recommended some local restaurants for us and let us know which ones gave us a discount for staying at his hotel. The customer service at this hotel was great. The hotel itself had some issues. Their ice machine was broken. The nice lady at the front desk graciously gave David a tub of huge cubes which smelled like whatever else was in her freezer. David and I joked how there had been a murder in our room since there was what appeared to be blood on the bathroom wall and door jamb, as well as one of the mattresses. But there were no bed bugs. At 2 a.m. I was awakened by the smell of cigarette smoke. I could only assume it was coming through one of the adjoining rooms but it was strong and definitely irritated my nose and throat. All that said, the hotel was comfortable and super affordable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MrPish
Chicago
Reviewed March 10, 2011

During the Oscars on Sunday night, Feb 27, you could fill up the tub for a relaxing bubblebath, and watch the Academy telecast comfortably from the tub.

But four freight trains rumbled by during the program. Did you hear who won best costume?

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
#3 of 10 in Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris

Been to Days Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!