“Convenient, Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Saint Louis MO
“Convenient, Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stopped here while on a road trip to Canada. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and neat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank DonnaW_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2010

loved the stay and Hampton Inn in Richmond, Indiana...in town for Autumn Oaks... the only 2 complaints that I could say that we had would be that housekeeping wouldn't leave enough towels/washcloths, we had to keep asking for more each day and the rooms didnt have fridge/microwave

Very comfortable beds and very clean

There is a putt putt golf course and movie theater across the road and a skating rink behind the motel...very close to mall, Walmart, and Kohls for any shopping needs

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cyberwebb
Niagara falls
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I travelled with a supplier to Richmond, IN and stayed at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is what you would expect from a better Hampton - very clean, quick service, nice rooms, and all the basic ammenities. Breakfast buffet was excellent (it seemed larger in selection then other Hamptons) and the area around the hotel has a lot of variety in restaurants for the evening. I would stay again at the Hampton Richmond my next trip to the Richmond, IN area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NFTravller1
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Quiet, clean, relatively new. I'd highly recommend as the best choice available in Richmond.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Stayed at the Hampton Inn getting there very late 2 am after having run over something on the road that tore apart the bottom of our car. The desk clerk Stephanie was so helpful telling us of a place that would service it on Sunday. That said the hotel is very new and clean. The rooms were very well furnished and the beds comfortable. The down side was the noise as one could hear the people talking next door in our room. The noise from the hall reverberated loudly with the morning bustle. We got to breakfast late 9:55 and were told they had to tear down the buffet at 10 so we were given 5 minutes to get our food which really was enough to grab stuff and put on a table. The staff did say she felt bad but management told them it had to be down at 10 which is fine but can say the Hampton Inn in New Orleans doesn't rush people. The location is right off of 70 and the town was interesting to drive through.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — noise in the mornng
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
los angeles
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I generally like Hampton Inns for the free Internet access, free parking, and free breakfast, and this one did not dissapoint in that regard, but there were some problems.

First, I do have to say that the staff was friendly and welcoming and the rooms were clean and the beds were quite comfortable. But, although it is located a bit removed from the main highway, if you are a light sleeper, as I am, you will probably wake up from the train passing by during the night. I woke up twice from that. I thought it was an airplane, actually, and didn't figure it out until the following day when I heard the train and looked outside to figure out what that noise was. Maybe you can request a room on the other side...

The other problem for light sleepers is that from our room (#204) on the second floor, you can hear noisy goings-on in the room above it. This started at 6:15 am and I thought either a baseball little league team was getting ready or a family with a bossy mother and many children. The strangest noise was the continual turning on and off of a faucet (I think) that went on for about 40 minutes, each time making horrible pipe noise for me in the room below. (At first I thought it was the room next door, but when I got up around 6:45 to investigate--I saw I couldn't hear from the hallway--only from inside my room.) Finally around 7 AM I called down to the front desk to ask if there was a way for them to call into the room to silence these people--or at least silence the water on and off problem. They told me that the group was checking out soon, so they did nothing, and eventually I was able to sleep another hour, because I guess they left. Anyway, the point is that I guess if I ever came back here I would ask for the top floor--and away from the train tracks!

One other thing that bothered me is that in previous Hampton Inns I have been given a room with a fridge and microwave and this one did not have either.

If you have kids, there is a cute Putt-Putt course across the road that looked like a fun activity for little ones. Also, the Visitor Center that tells you about the Old National Road is across the highway and very helpful to let you know what to do in the area. For those interested in history, about 10 miles away there is an original house from the Underground Railroad days, called Levi Coffin House and it is totally worth a visit. A lot of Amish live in that area and there is a wonderful fresh food market near that museum.

• Liked — comfy bed
  • Disliked — noise through walls
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hanlgt
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. For being a Hampton Inn off the interstate (geared mostly toward business I would assume), I was extremely impressed. We stayed on the 4th floor in a non-smoking King room. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was great (large walk-in shower). My only complaint would be the water pressure. And another nice thing was that the room had an actual thermostat on the wall that controlled the ac/heating unit by the window, rather than just having to manually turn the fan on an unknown temperature. I was up very early in the morning to attend wedding events and the breakfast was already out. A very nice array of breads, cereals, juices, etc. My Mother came to meet my husband that morning, since he had to leave early to for wedding events also. She watched our 5 month old son and got him ready for the 11:00 check-out time. Everything was a piece of cake. Next time we need to stay in Richmond, we are definitely staying at the Hampton! Nice, clean and very impressive!

• Liked — The quality of the room
  • Disliked — Lack of water pressure
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Richmond
#8 of 10 in Richmond
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Richmond

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!