“Great hotel! Just wish price was lower”

Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
San Francisco, CA
“Great hotel! Just wish price was lower”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

-Very clean hotel.
-Great room and even greater bathroom - huge mirror, nice stand up shower, and a convenient magnifying mirror.
-GREAT breakfast selection - one of the best I've ever seen at a hotel.

-Front desk staff were just so-so. Seemed kind of clueless when checking us in.
-Kind of annoyed that we were unable to get early check in. Was told that the hotel was too busy and no available rooms for early check in, which I understand. They just told us to come back in 3-4 hours at checkin time. Wish they had shown a bit more effort in working with our early check-in request.

We would stay here again, but until not after trying other Richmond hotels that are closer to the $100 mark.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rhonda W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for e-mailing me back on this stay your comments were so important to we had an addtional training class on how to better handle early check -in requests, so far it's been working great! We hope that if your back in this area you will choose Hampton Inn our rates are driven by demeand and do change from season to season so please give us a call next time your in our area and I'll be happy to speak with you. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel and your room while here with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is my first review for TA, but we just stayed at this hotel and it is really nice. The room was immaculate, and the bed very comfortable. I am not usually impressed (at all) by hotel-provided free breakfasts; but this one was excellent. There wasn't much we needed from the staff, but everyone we spoke with was very pleasant and helpful. In the future, this will be the only place that I stay in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike L
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2012

After a long ride on my motorcycle I was ready for some rest and stopped here to see if they had any availability. The staff were very professional and welcoming. In short order I had a room. The room and bathroom were clean; and the bedding was clean and fresh. Easy access to the Interstate. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IL_Dive_Traveler
Flowood, Mississippi
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Not spectacular but the hotel is the best of the lot when compared to what else is avaiable in the area. Nothing to shout about. No wow moments. Easy access to all that is around.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same none better than the other
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank paragkarania
Scranton, PA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

While this hotel is a bit higher priced than others in Richmond, it is well worth it. The staff is highly trained and very professional. The hotel is lovely inside and out. Rooms are large and well-appointed. All the towels and linens were pristine. This hotel does not allow pets or smoking, so allergy sufferers can stay without concern. There are several fast food options nearby. The hotel offers a lovely breakfast. Overall, I cannot find a single thing about this facility that was not right on point. Well done! We can't wait to visit again this summer, and will never stay anyplace else while in Richmond.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a mini refrigerator, so if that is important to you, be sure to ask when making a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tess G
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I can honestly say I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Richmond. This is by far the nicest hotel in the area.

It is tucked back away from the main road but close to I-70/40 so it's near everything. The fact that the railroad is very close is the only downfall- the trains run often and they run ALL night. (I am a light sleeper so this may not bother some people). Next time I would bring earplugs.

I didn't check out nightlife around the area because it appears to be the type of town you wouldn't want to check out alone. The restaurant selection is very limited to fast food and chain restaurants (Buffalo Wild Wings, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, etc.). The shopping is well...again, limited. The standard Mall-type stores are poorly stocked and carry mostly casual clothing. There is 1 other new hotel in the process of getting built/renovated. It is right next to I-70 but no signage to tell which chain. The other hotels in this area majorly lack appeal (from the outside anyway).

All in all: The staff is super friendly. The rooms are clean. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank A2Trvlr
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed March 9, 2012

After spending 18 hours on and off the road with 16 teenagers I was ready for a good nights rest. The room was spotless and spacious. Good sized work station. The bedding was all fresh and clean and oh so comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate also. The next morning the free breakfast had something for everyone. Lots to chose from and they were continually replacing items that ran low. Nice clean area to eat in. Would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank katrat01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#6 of 10 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Oxford University Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!