“better than the other options available”

Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Not spectacular but the hotel is the best of the lot when compared to what else is avaiable in the area. Nothing to shout about. No wow moments. Easy access to all that is around.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same none better than the other
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank paragkarania

Reviewed April 27, 2012

While this hotel is a bit higher priced than others in Richmond, it is well worth it. The staff is highly trained and very professional. The hotel is lovely inside and out. Rooms are large and well-appointed. All the towels and linens were pristine. This hotel does not allow pets or smoking, so allergy sufferers can stay without concern. There are several fast food options nearby. The hotel offers a lovely breakfast. Overall, I cannot find a single thing about this facility that was not right on point. Well done! We can't wait to visit again this summer, and will never stay anyplace else while in Richmond.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a mini refrigerator, so if that is important to you, be sure to ask when making a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tess G
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I can honestly say I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Richmond. This is by far the nicest hotel in the area.

It is tucked back away from the main road but close to I-70/40 so it's near everything. The fact that the railroad is very close is the only downfall- the trains run often and they run ALL night. (I am a light sleeper so this may not bother some people). Next time I would bring earplugs.

I didn't check out nightlife around the area because it appears to be the type of town you wouldn't want to check out alone. The restaurant selection is very limited to fast food and chain restaurants (Buffalo Wild Wings, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, etc.). The shopping is well...again, limited. The standard Mall-type stores are poorly stocked and carry mostly casual clothing. There is 1 other new hotel in the process of getting built/renovated. It is right next to I-70 but no signage to tell which chain. The other hotels in this area majorly lack appeal (from the outside anyway).

All in all: The staff is super friendly. The rooms are clean. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank A2Trvlr
Reviewed March 9, 2012

After spending 18 hours on and off the road with 16 teenagers I was ready for a good nights rest. The room was spotless and spacious. Good sized work station. The bedding was all fresh and clean and oh so comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate also. The next morning the free breakfast had something for everyone. Lots to chose from and they were continually replacing items that ran low. Nice clean area to eat in. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank katrat01
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Afer making reservations, I was met at the door and was told that my rooms were given away and booked with someone else. I had to find another place to stay. I was met at the door and was not allowed to walk in the motel. The attendant was rude and service was horrible.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melinda M
Rhonda W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for contacting me and talking about your experience. Together we agreed on your issues and how they should be better handled from this point on. I will work on our comunication skills to ensure guests alway have a positive interaction with staff. I enjoyed speaking with you and working out a solution for you as well. I will be happy to meet you in person on your return trip though Richmond this year.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

We love Hampton Inns and stay at them all the time, all over the country. Hampton Inn & Suites, Richmond, IN has the most absurd cancellation policy I have ever seen!

We are military and use the government/military rates when we travel. However, at THIS hotel their government/military rate cancellation policy is this:
"If you wish to cancel, please do so 14 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties."

Yep! 14 DAYS! If we wanted a 2 week cancellation period, we might as well stay at a B&B!

What makes this even more ridiculous is for the SAME room, SAME night - the "Best Available Rate" cancellation policy is the normal Hampton Inn cancellation policy:
"If you wish to cancel, please do so by 6pm, hotel local time, on the day of arrival to avoid cancellation penalties."

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Are they trying to avoid having military stay with them? Their cancellation policy alone is enough to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are military, note that you have 2 weeks to cancel your reservation where as everyone else ha...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nowincolorado
Rhonda W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

I totally agree on the cancel policy of 14 days being ridiculous! Our normal policy is on all reservations cancel by 6 pm day of arrival. Since you traveled though our area 1 st of the year and stayed in February 2012 you ran into Indiananpolis Super bowl rates and a cancel policy of 14 days our area was booked that weekend due to the big game. We would never have a cancel policy on like that other wise, I hope this help explains why and please know we never change our normal 6 pm hold, it was a rare event for our area. Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you back though Richmond again!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Spotlessly clean, comfortable rooms, nice fitness center and wonderful hot breakfast with healthy options. Great location, convenient to restaurants and shopping.

A little pricey but worth it. Stayed here for a week and enjoyed very much.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Ice999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express Greenville

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!