“Great Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Centreville, Maryland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hotel was very nice. The Owner invests into the rooms. Room was clean, not musty odor, The continental breakfast is worth skipping, but for the price, cleanliness and comfort the is a "5 Star" 2 Star hotel. AND they are Pet Friendly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Richmond, VT
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night while traveling cross country. Made the reservation on line on the road, and they didn't require a credit card. My confirmation said if arriving after 6 pm to call the hotel. I knew I wouldn't be there until late so I called to give them my credit card and they wouldn't take it and told me I would be all set no matter how late I arrived. Got in at 1 am and was checked in quickly and off to bed.

• Stayed July 2012
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Seeing there are limited hotels in the area of Richmond, Indiana and these hotels owners take full advantage of it we decided to stay here given the price and location. One of my complaints is the "free wifi" I could not access this wifi on my phone, which I can access anywhere else wifi is available, I ask the owner about the router and he showed it to me. One router for 20+ rooms and by the looks of it a router that is not capable of handling all the information needed. I have a saying "do something right or don't do it at all.

My second complaint is the "free breakfast" that included stale donuts, cookies, and two types of cereals, there was no fruit available. I would have rather been told there is no breakfast, than come in and experience this so called breakfast.

If you are looking for a overnight last minute spot this is it, if you are staying multiple days stay somewhere else. Oh yeah the beds are hard as a rock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Kent, Washington
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I read the reviews and couldn't believe a Knights Inn would be that nice.
But - for a Knights Inn - it is a nice stop. Low price and very clean. Both of us noticed that the new ceramic tile in the bathroom was very nicely installed. I'm a home handyman and have always been bothered by most motel remodels with sloppy installations - this was very well done. New tile, new carpet, very clean bathroom, very clean sheets and bedding. Made my wife happy! Comes with a refrigerator and microwave. I was going to say something about a lack of outlets for charging (iPhone, iPod, iMac) but then I found that Mr. Lin had thoughtfully placed multiple strips so that we could have plenty of outlets. WiFi worked well. Sure, it's an old facility, but updated and - most important - clean. The pool was not open (not important for us) and the breakfast had nothing we wanted. But at this price, that's fine. We usually stop after an hour or two of driving for a "real" breakfast anyway. There's even a Starbucks on the way out of town. We'll be back and consider this a real "find" on this trip. I liked parking right outside of the room - made hauling our stuff inside very easy. One visitor was noisy and Mr. Lin came out to check it out and made sure they were quiet... and they were. We loved being in the town rather than on the freeway exit. It's not far and an easy drive.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor for ease of hauling out stuff into the room. Didn't have anyone over us...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy W
Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We only needed a place to sleep and didn't check in until about 11 PM. We had a nonsmoking room w/ King bed. The room had a fridge, microwave and comfortable bed and pillows. It was well lit and the room and bathroom were both very clean.

Room Tip: No Fitness center or restaurant, but had to select a rating so I just put excellent.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandR2011
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I reserved this room in January for a September stay. (Yes, I booked a Knights Inn 9 months in advance.) Anyway, after reading the "bed bugs" review, I was hesitant to stay, but my room was non-refundable.

I arrived at 2:30 pm and was told my room wasn't ready yet. Mr. Lin asked if I still wanted a King room because he could put me in a room with two doubles right away. Half-joking, I asked if the price would be lower on a different room. His eyes got big, and he told me I was paying MUCH less than the current rate of $69.99. I opted to return in a couple of hours when my room was ready.

When I got back to the hotel, my room was ready, but my rate was quoted $1.00 higher. Yes, it was only a dollar, and I'm sure it was an innocent math error, but I had the woman working at the desk correct it. I said, "I don't think he is too happy about the low rate I got." She replied, "He's not making any money at that price." Okay -- maybe they shouldn't offer that rate if they're going to be upset about people getting it!

Now the good news: The room was very, very clean. There were more TV stations than in your typical budget motel. The WiFi signal was strong. There was a power strip to help accomodate all of the outlets needed to plug in gadgets. The room had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, shampoo, lotion, and very clean towels. The free breakfast, while nothing special, was still a free breakfast.

Yes, it's an older property and is right off the road and next to a car dealership, but it was perfect for my needs: a reasonably priced place to sleep that was clean and well-equipped.

Note to the proprietors: Next time, say something like "Wow! You got a great deal! We appreciate you booking so early" instead of making my business seem unwelcomed because I got a good price.

Nonetheless, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank beccaruda
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Do yourself a favor and drive on past! It's far from the interstate, and right in the middle of residential areas. The hotels/motels out by interstate 70 are much safer and closer to restaurants/stores. The bedding is old, furniture outdated, has outdoor entrance (eek!), and bed bugs in the first room I was assigned. After I was moved into a room with a dirty toilet and used bath towels, I decided to stay at another facility. Don't listen to the "pet friendly" and "excellent stay reviews". It's probably just boosters because I can assure you this is not an excellent establishment.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kms1111

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
BEST WESTERN Classic Inn
#3 of 10 in Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris

Been to Richmond Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!