“Nice people, bland food”
Review of El Rodeo

El Rodeo
Ranked #69 of 107 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have friends who love this place so I keep going. I have found the food here sooo unauthentic and boring. I have as yet to find one dish that I really enjoy - the chicken soup is the closest to home-cooked goodness. Everything else - an Americanized version of Mexican that is dull.

1  Thank TLynnC

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A few friends and I decided to try this place out. I am really glad we did. We had a lot of fun and the staff was really nice and actually made a few jokes with us. The food was fantastic, although, I did have a cold burrito. It was still delicious and worth the price. This is a great location for friends getting out to have dinner together and feel relaxed and welcome.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

the food needed a.little TLC, it came out of the kitchen really fast and that was. cool. Bottomless cup of cold soda and chips and salsa upon being seated was great!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had eaten at El Rodeo a few times when they were in the hole in the wall location but last week was the first time in the new spacious locale.
Anyway a party of three ate there. The food was above average and I don't care if a woman worked a week to make it.(see review below)
The portions were more than adequate and tasty. All of us would rate the food at a level 4 give or take +-.3.
The service was average at best. Maybe the epiphany regarding the service was when the waiter brought out the bottled beers and the lime fell off onto the table. He never offered to replace the lime. We agree that the service would have to rate a 2.7 or so.
The decor is nicer than the hole-in-the wall but not to the point of being good enough to make one want to eat here. The price was average for a sit-down restaurant in Richmond, $37.00 for three including two XX beers.
Overall we will return sometime in the next year or two but the overall experience wasn't so good to make us desire to go back every week.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nothing special, but the food is cheap and fast. Ask any Earlham College student, they'll know that there's really only one place in town for excellent Mexican food.