“Brand new hotel, very nice stay”

Holiday Inn Richmond
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had a very nice stay in a one bedroom suite and was well worth the price, No breakfast as they have a restaurant on site. Plenty of options including a Cracker Barrel next door. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear dsabo6,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your most recent stay at our property. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the Holiday Inn Richmond. If so, please try our breakfast at the restaurant. We have a wide variety of menu options for breakfast and dinner.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

If it weren't for a REALLY bad experience with breakfast on a Saturday morning, this might be a five-star review. But if you aren't going to have a free breakfast of any kind (getting standard at many high-end hotels or even HI Express), then at least have a competently staffed restaurant. It was a busy weekend and predictably so given a local college reunion and the fact that the hotel had group reservations with the alum. After waiting forever for an order to come, we abandoned the place. People who did stay waited for a hour after ordering to get what they reported to be cold and mediocre. The good side was the management had the good sense not to charge for the food. But that's not the point. Given the volume of people, management needed to plan better. How about a breakfast buffet (even if you charge for it)? BAD work management.

But the rest of the stay was quite wonderful - nice staff, immaculate, comfortable rooms with all the right details.

They provided a group meeting room (comp'ed) twice for our class. Nice touch.

The wireless internet that was slow and did not always provide the log in screen.

I will give it another try or perhaps stay at the Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tgold109
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during the busy weekend in Richmond. As I am very disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities. We have addressed the matter of the busy breakfast and the wait times with the Food & Beverage department and have set additional staffing standards in place to ensure the quality and timeliness of food is delivered to our guests efficiently. We hope that during your next travels to Richmond you will stay at our Holiday Inn. Please contact me directly as I would be happy to discuss your next stay with us.

P:765.488.1975

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a nice modern Holiday Inn with nice amenities and mod decor. This hotel does not include a free breakfast with your stay so be advised. They do have a restaurant on site and it's just ok at best. Rooms are small and nothing special but they were clean and fresh.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your post recent stay. As we strive for excellent guest service, I would be interested to hear further about your restaurant experience. In the future, we do offer a bed & breakfast package which is very affordable when traveling with 2+ guests. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss what our staff can improve in the restaurant.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

stayed one evening at this new hotel in Richmond Indiana. check in was quick with friendly staff. no hassle at all. was given a very nice room with king bed. this hotel had a restaurant that served dinner and breakfast but not continential for a quick turnaround. I felt the water pressure seemed low for a shower but the job was accomplished. Bed very comfortable with nice furnishings. parking was ample and free coffee in the lobby. overall no issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your most recent to at our property. Being a new property we strive for 100% guest satisfaction every guest, every day.

We hope your travels bring you back to our property in the future.

Best,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here one night whilst traveling. The room was clean and quiet as I had a room away from the interstate, which is close. I would advise asking for a room away from I70 just to be safe. Lots of restaurants in the area so there are plenty of good places to eat nearby.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate the kind comments regarding you stay with us recently. We hope your travels bring you back to our property in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed for a night and found the hotel to be spotless, very nice, superb beds, and very helpful and friendly staff. Great location, just off interstate but I heard no noise. Large flat screen TVs and great AC, lots of restaurants nearby.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the response to your recent stay at our new Holiday Inn. We are very happy that you experienced an outstanding stay at our property. We hope you choose our property if your travels bring you back to the Richmond area.

Best,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

when Im in this area I usually stay at the Hampton Inn which has always treated me great and worked with my per diem..I went to the Hampton but they were sold out so they told me to go to the Holiday Inn that they had rooms and were owned by the same people I ask if they would work with my per diem and I was told yes they should since Im a repeat customer being Hampton diamond and also IHG platinum elite so I called the holiday inn and I was told what the rates were and they couldnt work with my per diem end of the discussion..we were $30.00 off ..seeing how I was referred from the hampton and being a platinum elite member and also only staying 10 hours for a day stay means nothing to these people..this is price gouging at its finest..so I went elsewhere that appreciated me staying..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank teamster175
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear teamster175,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I apologize that you did not find your per diem rate available during your stay. When it comes to our rates, we ensure that we are competitive with other hotels in the area and is also based on availability in accordance with our business needs. I am sorry if you found our rates to be high.

We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#6 of 10 in Richmond
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!