“Very clean and quiet.”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Very clean and quiet.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night whilst traveling. The room was clean and quiet as I had a room away from the interstate, which is close. I would advise asking for a room away from I70 just to be safe. Lots of restaurants in the area so there are plenty of good places to eat nearby.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We appreciate the kind comments regarding you stay with us recently. We hope your travels bring you back to our property in the future.

Warm Regards,

Tommy.Holmes@richmondhi.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a night and found the hotel to be spotless, very nice, superb beds, and very helpful and friendly staff. Great location, just off interstate but I heard no noise. Large flat screen TVs and great AC, lots of restaurants nearby.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the response to your recent stay at our new Holiday Inn. We are very happy that you experienced an outstanding stay at our property. We hope you choose our property if your travels bring you back to the Richmond area.

Best,

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2013

when Im in this area I usually stay at the Hampton Inn which has always treated me great and worked with my per diem..I went to the Hampton but they were sold out so they told me to go to the Holiday Inn that they had rooms and were owned by the same people I ask if they would work with my per diem and I was told yes they should since Im a repeat customer being Hampton diamond and also IHG platinum elite so I called the holiday inn and I was told what the rates were and they couldnt work with my per diem end of the discussion..we were $30.00 off ..seeing how I was referred from the hampton and being a platinum elite member and also only staying 10 hours for a day stay means nothing to these people..this is price gouging at its finest..so I went elsewhere that appreciated me staying..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank teamster175
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear teamster175,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I apologize that you did not find your per diem rate available during your stay. When it comes to our rates, we ensure that we are competitive with other hotels in the area and is also based on availability in accordance with our business needs. I am sorry if you found our rates to be high.

We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Bradley, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first hotel stop over several days. Very nice hotel stayed her for under $90 for a king room. This Holiday Inn has no complimentary breakfast but many places around to eat. We would definitely stay her again. Extremely Clean, very friendly staff...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JeffandCarolyn
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our property. In regards to the breakfast, we do offer a bed & breakfast package which is very affordable when traveling with the breakfast included in the room. We hope if your travels bring you back to the Richmond area you will consider our property.

Best,

Milton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were forced off I-70 during a tornado warning and found this gem just a few hundred yards from the Interstate. It looked quite new. There was ample parking near the building, and we walked in hesitantly because we had no reservations. We were greeted very warmly by a young woman at the front desk and were given a nice room. Everything in the room looked new--bedding, furniture, carpeting, etc. There was a mini-fridge and microwave, and I noticed that frozen entrees were sold in the lobby for travelers too tired to venture out to the many restaurants between the hotel and downtown Richmond. The digital room thermostat could be altered to our taste. The beds were extremely comfy--neither too hard nor too soft--with mounds of pillows. We visited the indoor pool, which was nice. Be sure to take the towels from your room, because you can't count on there being towels at poolside. I used the free WiFi, which had a good signal, although you had to re-authenticate periodically if you weren't using it constantly. One reason that we used the WiFi was that the TV channel offerings were sparse. There were few channels, no premium channels, and no pay-per-view. One observation that may help other travelers is that the beds and sinks were quite high. My average-sized 7-year-old couldn't see himself in the bathroom mirror and could barely reach the faucets. He also had to run and jump up onto the beds, because they were so high. Little kids would need a stool. Finally, we ate breakfast in the restaurant before departing. It was a generic American breakfast but good and not expensive. I would return to this hotel in future trips.

Room Tip: The lower the room number, the closer it is to the elevator. The elevator area is noisier.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carla E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Thanks for the 4 Star review --- and please forgive the delay in saying thanks
St Louis, MO
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Came as group. Any time we called to modify arrangements be prepared for them not to be able to find your reservation and a 15 minute wait. Arrived to a nice facility but very frustrated family members who said once or twice a day their key cards wouldn't work. Met people on elevator who said the same. Front desk blamed everyone for having card by their cell phone which was not the case. We had the same experience the two days of our stay. My sister went to restaurant and they got her order wrong. Today my mom checked out if her room and immediately realized she had left a gift bag behind. My husband walked in to find two maids dividing up the stuff in the bag instead of turning it in to the front desk. Wow.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KgageStLouis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear KgageStLouis,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the key card, customer service and housekeeping which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My third visit to this hotel and if you are lucky to get Amber, you have a great person. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are great. It does lack the perks of being a Platinum member benefits but some of the staff are wonderful. Then, it turn sour. I always pay my hotel bill up front due to fact that my travels takes me all over the country and I have been a victim of identity theft and it has been three years and still trying to clean up what happen. Upon my departure I was approached by a front desk person stating to me that my bill was not paid. Not only did I have a paid receipt after check in, I also had a paid receipt placed under my door the morning of my departure. I was embarrassed and deeply hurt by this. Since I had already torn up the receipts and placed in the garbage after logging my stay in file. The person insisted that I go and dig in the trash just to show him. 20 year Platinum member and the new change over with IHG means nothing when you insult and embarrass guest in this manner. Being a diamond member with Hilton for year and nothing like this has ever happen and you would think being a Platinum member with IHG for all of the years this would not happen ether. IHG is talking about new and better changes with their brand, But my trip this time the service has been worst than any of my 20 years of being with IHG brand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank WorldTraveler19999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member.

Janice A
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!