“A nice place to stay....”

Holiday Inn Richmond
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Aiken, South Carolina
“A nice place to stay....”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Pros:
Room was very clean
Hotel is New
Spacious Room, flat screen TV
A bar, a small store in the lobby - snacks etc...
Quiet

Cons:
Breakfast not included
I went to the "restaurant" for breakfast the first day - after 10 mins of waiting, I left and went to Cracker Barrell. There did not seem to be anyone working at the hotel breakfast area.
2nd day I ordered breakfast - I got two eggs and 3 pcs of bacon, no hash browns or toast.
Location is a little tricky to find using modern GPS

Room Tip: With the hotel being new, I think any room would be fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cladman2
ThomasHolmes01, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay. We strive on our guest experience to be 110%. As the leader of the property I will take the comments and review them with our staff to ensure we address the concerns. We hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Richmond.

Warm Regards,

Tommy Holmes

Tommy.Holmes@richmondhi.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here this weekend (see also her review) while attending a 50th wedding anniversary. It was a great place for our grandkids, free meals and a friendly pool but the airconditioner in our room kept me awake most of the night. I know I could have called for another room; but at midnight who thinks to do that!! Had we spent most of the time in the room we might have noticed but with a good little restaurant there and a pool for the kids we never got into our room before 11PM.

• Stayed June 2013
Carla E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Everything is fixed and working now! As a brand new hotel we did have a few issues which have been mended!
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very nice except for the air conditioner which appeared to have a bad motor and squeaked very loudly about every 15 minutes during the night. Reported it to the front desk in the am but the response from the front desk was not hopeful that a repair would be done! Avoid Room 401 unless the repair has been done.

• Stayed June 2013
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback for your stay at our property. I will make sure to discuss with our maintenance department about the air conditioner. This definitely should have been addressed immediately and I apologize it was not prior to arriving in your guest room.

Our focus is our guest experience while staying at our property and we hope that if your travels bring you back to Richmond that you will consider our property in the future.

Warm Regards,

Tommy Holmes
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2013

In a town like Richmond, IN, it's very easy to find a hotel of ill repute or one that hasn't been maintained. Fortunately, this is not one of them.

This Holiday Inn is less than a year old. The entire hotel is modern and stylish with an interesting green and blue motif throughout. Nice furniture and wood floors in the lobby area. They also have a bar and restaurant that has decent food at very reasonable prices. I really loved how the booths in the restaurants had their own TV.

The staff was more than accommodating and gave me several perks that they didn't have to. Everyone was very nice.

As far as the room, it was large and functional with a desk, chair with ottoman, and 32 inch HDTV. The bathroom was large with plenty of space to store toiletry bags. It had a large granite vanity, a large glassed-in shower, and marbled floors.

The only issue I had (which is minor) was the small selection of TV stations. Also, the network affiliates were out of Indianapolis, not Dayton, although strangely Dayton stations were available in the restaurant and bar. The Dayton stations are more relevant for local news although otherwise the Indy stations have better programming.

I believe they have an indoor pool. They do have a fitness center. However, I didn't use either.

The location is very convenient. It's immediately off of the eastside Richmond exit on I-70 and close to the mall and other restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 Stars!!! Thank You
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was pleased to see the updated rooms that included a mini-fridge and a microwave. The hotel is in a good location off of I-70 and U.S. 40. There are plenty of restaurants around, but the hotel had a good breakfast. My only complaint was with room service. The maid came at 9:00, and we were still in the room, so we asked her to come back later. Unfortunately, she did not come back. However, the front desk staff and manager were really helpful, and quickly remedied the situation. They went above and beyond which was very nice of them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Seiderjps
ahi17, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We really appreciate your Feedback and comments about hotel and staff.
We are committed as team to provide excellent guest service and Comfortable Stay at our hotel.
Looking forward to accommodate your hospitality needs in future.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited this hotel for a convention. Check-in was fast and friendly. Room was clean and very nice. Yes, the elevators were different call buttons but that isn't a big deal. I used the stairs mostly which were really very spacious for hotel stairs. Breakfast is extra which is unusually for many hotels these days but it was very nice and included made to order items. There are plenty of other food options close by too. As I mentioned here for convention and banquet staff was so accommodating to our needs. If we needed something, they were right there to help us. This entire staff is like one big family and it shows with the teamwork they have. Food was some of the best convention food I have ever had. I would definitely stay here and bring a convention here again.

Note - I took the stairs a lot but the stairs take you outside - a safety feature which is actually very smart. But you end up outside next to the front door not to the main lobby. It was great as we had beautiful weather.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LTT6543
HolidayInnRichmond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for feedback and positive comments.

We are so happy that you have great stay at our hotel. We are committed as a team for great guest experience.

We will make sure to share your comments to all our staff.
We are looking forward to accommodate your future hospitality needs when you come to Richmond, Indiana area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Easy check in. Unexpected really nice room!

Had already eaten, wish I would have tried their dining room.and bar, It looks really great.

Had a meeting at the hotel in their banquet space with some business associates. That went very well.

Would repeat.

Room Tip: All the rooms are new. Choose ANY of them!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank midwesttraveler44
Than you for sharing your experience at our hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback and committed to provide great customer service and positive experience to all our guests.

Looking forward to accommodate you future hospitality needs near Richmond, Indiana area.

Thank You.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#6 of 10 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!