“Good, but....”

Old National Road Welcome Center
Ranked #5 of 21 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: The Old National Road Welcome Center is full of information about Richmond, Wayne County and Indiana. We have trails, history and historical sites, parks, great locally-owned and franchise restaurants, Bed & Breakfasts, hotels & motels, art, theatre, music, shopping, murals and so much more.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good, but....”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

There were four staff members and we were the only tourists in the building. It has a good collection of information on a multi-county area. The staff were engaging and offered a lot of guidance. However, some of their information was misleading. They over-sold the general store in the depot district as being a critical place to stop. I asked about the closing times of the attractions in the area, and they were not sure, but thought that most businesses in the depot district closed at 5 pm. They recommended the Warm Glow Candle outlet as a place to go later in the evening since it was open later. They praised the dining area at the Candle outlet. However, when we got there, we learned that the dining closed earlier at 5 pm.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank OrangeTaxi

Lynn
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Welcome Center”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On the search for a magnet, the Welcome Center was very homely. Once you enter there are many wonderful detailed aspects of Indiana. Not only were the ladies at the front desk very pleasant but so was the charm in the displays. I am a local college student, and I enjoy knowing what is going on in the community rather than driving far to enjoy a festival or event. The Chocolate Trail and Just Us Girls package is something my friends and I could utilize while taking a break from finals. My boyfriend who has lived in the area all his life was astonished to see all the great packages and pamphlets the Welcome Center has to offer. He is very excited to join in on a Chocolate Trail as well as the Antique Alley. Just think....I walked in looking for a magnet and found a hidden treasure of events inside. I will be using the Welcome Center as well as www.visitrichmond.org to gather my information for my future travel and events.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank LaChelsa O
Knoxville
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Your first stop in Richmond should be the Welcome Center”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a lovely Welcome Center. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by the ladies at the desk. We stopped at the Welcome Center to pick-up our Chocolate Trail Passport. The ladies were very helpful in giving us insight as to what other things we should take in while we were in the area as well as information on local eateries. They also gave us a discount card offering specials just for us out of town folks. A nice touch! The restrooms were very clean. There was a nice gift shop there too.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Nancy M
Visit_RichmondIN, Public Relations Manager at Old National Road Welcome Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Nancy M.,
We loved having you visit with us! We hope you enjoyed your experience on the Chocolate Trail! We always offer our wonderful Hoosier Hospitality year round and we'd love to see you again if you make a return trip!