“Welcome Center”

Old National Road Welcome Center
Ranked #5 of 23 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: The Old National Road Welcome Center is full of information about Richmond, Wayne County and Indiana. We have trails, history and historical sites, parks, great locally-owned and franchise restaurants, Bed & Breakfasts, hotels & motels, art, theatre, music, shopping, murals and so much more.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On the search for a magnet, the Welcome Center was very homely. Once you enter there are many wonderful detailed aspects of Indiana. Not only were the ladies at the front desk very pleasant but so was the charm in the displays. I am a local college student, and I enjoy knowing what is going on in the community rather than driving far to enjoy a festival or event. The Chocolate Trail and Just Us Girls package is something my friends and I could utilize while taking a break from finals. My boyfriend who has lived in the area all his life was astonished to see all the great packages and pamphlets the Welcome Center has to offer. He is very excited to join in on a Chocolate Trail as well as the Antique Alley. Just think....I walked in looking for a magnet and found a hidden treasure of events inside. I will be using the Welcome Center as well as www.visitrichmond.org to gather my information for my future travel and events.

1  Thank LaChelsa O
"desk"
"employees"
"visitors"

Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a lovely Welcome Center. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by the ladies at the desk. We stopped at the Welcome Center to pick-up our Chocolate Trail Passport. The ladies were very helpful in giving us insight as to what other things we should take in while we were in the area as well as information on local eateries. They also gave us a discount card offering specials just for us out of town folks. A nice touch! The restrooms were very clean. There was a nice gift shop there too.

2  Thank Nancy M
Visit_RichmondIN, Public Relations Manager at Old National Road Welcome Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Nancy M.,
We loved having you visit with us! We hope you enjoyed your experience on the Chocolate Trail! We always offer our wonderful Hoosier Hospitality year round and we'd love to see you again if you make a return trip!