“Really Interesting Place”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really Interesting Place”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have lived in this area all of my life. I was really amazed at what I learned from coming here! I was always taking my kids out of town to see other Museums and places. I didn't realize what was already here in my hometown!

1 Thank 840Kris

O'Fallon, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love at first sight!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Even my 8 year old had a great time viewing all of the exhibits. He especially loved the old cars, and, best of all, the mummy!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Valerie K
Muncie, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised, wonderful gem in Wayne County”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had been interested in visiting the Wayne County Historical Museum for a while. I visited the museum on a beautiful fall day. I was truly shocked at how big and open the museum. I loved the model circus train and the Julia Gaar Collection. There is so much to explore here!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank astree42
Knoxville
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lots of history here!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is more than a county museum. They have a very nice Egyptian room complete with a mummy. This is something you don't usually find in a county museum! Loved the Conestoga wagon, native American Indian pottery, and all the horse-drawn carriages. My husband especially liked the early Richmond-made cars on display. Outside are authentic log cabin homes and school houses from the area. They also have a nice, small gift shop. The museum is housed in a large, historic Quaker meeting house. I highly recommend this museum for the whole family. Very affordable museum.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nancy M
Orange City, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jam Packed with History”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Could literally spend hours wandering around this Museum! It has everything! From an Egyptian Mummy to Indian history, a Davis airplane to oldtime cars, and everything celebrating Richmond's past. A family favorite for sure!!

Visited June 2012